"TIPS" for ebay sellers.... My Rant....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by A.N.A. Mendez, Sep 14, 2010.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    What is a Mooliak?

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I don't know but when Cliff Clavin said it, I got the idea it was a group of less than intelligent , nice people.

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Man, lot of those then. Don't know their trumpit from a coronet ;-).

4. baritonetrumpet

baritonetrumpet New Friend

Sep 14, 2010
    or make the high ridicously high and the reserve is only 300 less than the buy it now price

5. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    an even 10 years on it.

Total feedback over 10,000, since many of those were repeats, actual number 7000-odd.

I no longer have an Ebay account, I ended it in protest a few years ago.

"Ebay" kind of rhymes with "run away" anyone ever notice?

It's actually a good place to BUY, and with selling, I've heard it can still be good if you keep the items at a value of $100 or more, and ship anywhere.

But you have to be very on top of things, very organized, and expect to work LONG hours selling on Ebay.

I don't miss it. At all.

6. oldgit

oldgit Pianissimo User

Jun 16, 2010
    Basingstoke, England
    talking to people at work today and some partner up on ebay. one lists the item 99p start the other bids at £100.00 or more if it doesnt sell they list again later! Sharp practice, how does ebay deal with this or is it just a scam.

Looking through the trumpet adds and they are all there as you said coronets, trumpet/cornet, my friend got a great sound out of it etc. was fun to look with out the thought of buying.

7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Some of them are ignorant about what they have. Others are just plain deceitful. A Conn listed as a 60B, wasn't even close, and had a somewhat "inflated":-? price on it. Another listed as a Super 20 Silver Symphony, that was a Silvertone Liberty. Guess they didn't read the engraving on the bell:dontknow::roll:

8. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    Oldgit that's called "shilling" and Ebay will catch them, and ban them both. They hate that, and trust me they'll get caught quick. In fact Ebay is so sensitive about shilling that a friend of mine and I got into rough waters with them just because my friend would bid on, and buy if he won, items of mine that he was interested in. We were always buying and selling with each other, at swapmeets etc., Ebay jumps on even the possible appearance of shilling.