Tired of typing for nothing.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    When I'm typing a long post (which is fairly rare), I highlight what I've typed periodically as I go and right click "copy", so that if my post goes away while I'm working on it, it's easy to paste most of what I've already done into a new post. My problems are more a result of intermittant internet connectiions, though.

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Another way is to first type the whole text in Word for example, then copy / paste in TM.

3. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    It's been happening for a month or so to me. I highlite and copy, then log back in, then paste. It's a pain.

4. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    I get that problem only from publicly used computers, not my own. It has to do with how your computer is set. If you can't find what needs to be changed, selecting your text and clicking "copy" will do the trick, that text will stay on your clipboard.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It happens when your provider changes your IP (or the IP address of your router). Messages always have to go back to the originator. If that is not possible, then you get that message about logging in again. One of the prices to pay for the many to many (or was that many TOO many)structure of the world wide web.

If it were the Trumpetmaster server or its connection, it would happen to everybody without exception.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    It's not much of a price to pay for the good stuff in return from this free site. Robin, you sound like my ex ..... "It's your (provider's) fault, not ours." :lol:

Shorter posts and typing faster ought to fix it. Less is more ..... Less is more .....

Turtle

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    All reasonable solutions, however, why should we have to do that when EVERY OTHER site ( known to me ) doesn't seem so difficult? We forgot "Stand on your head for a minute", FYI.

8. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    This has never happened to me on my PC. Only time it ever happened to me was when I was using my wifes laptop and I did not log in with the little box checked. I had to relog into TM.

9. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Bias against the long winded......

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Don't be cruel, my friend: I am too old to try this!