TM European Meet - Probable Cancellation

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by barliman2001, Feb 5, 2016.

1. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Ok, I think I have waited long enough. First mention of the TM European Meet was in September 2015. No we're in February 2016, and only seven people have firmly announced their intention of coming to the meeting. Two of them myself and rjereb, both in Vienna.

This is impossible. I need at least 20 applications to keep the sponsoring alive and get all the finance needed for the venue, orchestra etc.

If there are no more firm interests by 15 February, I am cancelling the meeting in its intended form. Anyone wanting to come to Vienna at the planned time will be very welcome, and we can arrange informal meetings and perhaps a matinee concert in a local church.

But unless more people express their interest and ask for their application forms with all the details, I am forced to cancel or I'll bankrupt myself and damage my standing in the local music community.

2. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Folks do come it will be great though i cant.......:-(

3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Sorry to hear that. I'm sure those able to attend would enjoy it.

4. barliman2001

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Well, after the first seven - and if they want to come, we'll have a great time anyway! - there has been no interest in joining the meeting for more than six weeks...

5. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I wouldn't take it as "no interest" as much, maybe, and "unable" to attend? ;-)

6. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I have been unable to convince my wife that she needs another trip to europe and at 78 I am not sure I could manage it alone.

Regards, Stuart.

7. barliman2001

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    I am not blaming anyone. It's just that the initial responses were "Great idea, maybe I'll come" which set me working like a beaver and now that I need fixed applications it's "Oh don't have the time" or "don't really know" or whatever.

8. LaTrompeta

LaTrompeta Forte User

May 3, 2015
    Colorado Springs
    I'm sorry it's not working out. I live near mountains too -- just on the other side of the world! I'm afraid I won't be able to make it either.

9. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I would hope the European meet can go ahead -- Vienna is one of my all-time favourite European cities and quite apart from meeting you and other TMers has an awful lot to offer. I would be there again in a heartbeat if I could. So if anybody is tentative let me encourage you to make your mind up to go, especially if it's a relatively short road or rail trip away. And how many TMers do we have in Vienna anyway? More than one or two I'd have thought.

--bumblebee

10. barliman2001

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    The meeting will go ahead anyway - only not in the planned grand style. And yes, there are only two guys from Vienna on TM -myself and rjereb.