TM European Meet - Probable Cancellation

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by barliman2001, Feb 5, 2016.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    If it happens, I will be there even if we are only 7 (or 6).

bumblebee likes this.
  2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    It will happen. sethoflagos will be here at any rate, myself, rjereb, and at least two others. The church matinee concert is set up anyway, so we can do a bit on that, and enjoy ourselves in Vienna the rest of the time.
    Good to know that you are coming. Want to share my wife's student apartment with rettepnoj (if he's coming - he probably has a premiere on that weekend; if not, you've got the apartment for yourself)?

3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I love Vienna. The last time I was there, I almost got slapped by a young lass in a pub somewhere around 02:00, and then later, almost missed the band bus' departure. (Long walk back to Germany.)

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    As inconvenient as that might have been at the time, imagine in hindsight just how much a highlight of your life that would have been if it had included a few weeks walking along the Danube (perhaps) rather than just a trip down the E60 in a bus!

--bumblebee

(and of course I'm not suggesting you don't have other highlights in your life which wouldn't compare)

gunshowtickets likes this.
  5. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    We (MrsGST and I) would really like to attend, but it's not in the budget this year. Long story short, our honeymoon was seriously curtailed by a family member's sudden illness the day of the wedding and no one but the person's elderly sister could be bothered to stay behind after the wedding save my new wife and myself. I promised her I'd make it up to her with a nice anniversary trip to a stupidly expensive island I'd never go to if it were my choice. Even though she loves Wien, she likes that stupid island even more.

I'm sorry Elmar, I really would have liked to have joined in the festivities.

bumblebee likes this.
  6. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Sorry for your pain. I'm more than willing to ease your agony and take that island vacation off of our hands. ;-)

7. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Don't worry, Giancarlo, family always takes priority. I'm not blaming you in any way. In fact, it's wonderful of you that you broke off your honeymoon due to that incident and were there for someone who needed your help. Enjoy the island... and enjoy Vienna the next time!