TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I've been very curious how other members of this forum sound as trumpet players. Is there a section of the site where people post clips of themselves that I overlooked, or a long buried thread where members did that?

Particularly when people are giving advice on playing, it would be good to know where they are coming from. I know that there are going to be those who are too shy to share, but I sure there are plenty of others who would be willing to post recordings if there were a place to do so.

As a start, if you have clips of yourself on a website or hosted somewhere, please reply to this thread with a link.

I'll start. I'm "trumpetcarguy" on YouTube and my son's account is "ForrestTrumpet":

YouTube - trumpetcarguy's Channel
    YouTube - ForrestTrumpet's Channel

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Are you Forrest?

3. abtrumpet

abtrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2009
  4. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    No. I'm his dad. My videos are the ones where you can only see the trumpet.

5. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008

So the only video with you playing is "Happy Birthday"?

6. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia

There are videos of Arutunian, Mahler, Ketting, Snedecor, etc. of me also. If you thought those were done by my 3rd grader, either you must think I'm really bad or he's really good, or both! ;)

Anyone else got a link?

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Ok, a couple years ago.....

8. guyclark

guyclark Piano User

Feb 28, 2008
    Los Gatos, CA
    HI, Guys!

I've previously refered to my clips at the South Bay Brass site:

South Bay Brass

These above are of the whole group, but I'm generally the lead player.

I also have some mp3 clips I made for a recent audition (my first real audition in some twenty years!) at:

Index of /Guy

I'm playing picc on Ablasen, and C trumpet on everything else, IIRC.

I am also guyjclark on Youtube. There are a lot of clips of my groups, as well as me demonstrating some of my horns.

YouTube - guyjclark's Channel

I have a Scherzer Bb rotary for sale on eBay right now with a clip of me playing it:

YouTube - Scherzer.mp4

I was in a hurry, so I'm not super happy with my playing on the clip, but it shows some of what the horn is capable of. ;-)

Hope that these are somewhat amusing! ;-)

Guy Clark

9. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Here's a little 2-part flugel thing I did as a project last November. The backing tracks were put together by a friend of mine and we originally used this as a flugel/sax thing live during the Christmas season when corporations were still doing Christmas parties. (He added MIDI drums for this so that it could be used without a band.)

Nothing fancy here though, I used mostly stock presets in Garage Band, recorded with an SM57 and a Blue Icicle XLR to USB converter. There is some loss of sound quality due to the upload to YouTube.

YouTube - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Patrick Gleason

10. Jay-Eye

Jay-Eye New Friend

Apr 15, 2010
    Sunny Birmingham, UK
    I wondered that when I joined! This must be the first musicians forum I've joined where there seemed to be an almost complete absence of videos and MP3's of the members playing. Others that I've been part of or even still participate in are crammed with the stuff - usually good stuff it is too.

Obviously, trumpet players are shy! ROFL

ps: Great playing on the vids in the posts above, imho.