TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Wow - what a mature sound out of such a little guy!! How long has he been playing? I didn't pick up trumpet til I was a year older than him!

2. Grant Davis

Grant Davis New Friend

Jun 3, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    What a small world, that video of Forrest had been circulated among some of my trumpet friends and now I see that his father is a member on this forum I just joined! But anyway, excellent performance, your son is very talented.

3. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks guys for the nice words. Forrest works hard on the trumpet (his teacher is very difficult to please!) and has developed a good ear in a relatively short time (he started trumpet in July 2007). I give much credit for the resonance and maturity of his sound to the teachings of Charlie Schlueter, which I do my best to pass along to him on a regular basis.

4. Wildman

Wildman Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2005
    Excellent!

5. Ichierzen

Ichierzen Pianissimo User

Sep 22, 2007
    Sorry to resurrect a past thread, but I've been doing some more recording and would like some feedback (please disregard the video, I didn't know what to put, so I just put random "filler", in a PG sense). Thanks! La VaillanceSyrinxAve Maria (by Yoko Kanno)

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    well done... Zoom sounds pretty good to record on.

7. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hey Dale,
    Way, Way COOL.
    Those are instruments I have only seen in some Civil War movies. Very special group. Well done.
    Thanks

8. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Gee, I did not realise the thread was that long..sorry I have a few pages to catch up on here..

9. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hey, I have got a lot of catching up to do here! What a fantastic thread, and some really nice music. I really do not know how I missed this one, I have a few hours of listening ahead.
    Thanks

10. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ