TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Ichierzen, really nice playing. You said you wanted feedback -- I think my biggest suggestion is to try to incorporate more dynamic contrast, particularly on the soft end. The ability to play very softly but still cleanly and clearly is a hallmark of a great soloist. I still have a lot of work to do there as well...

2. Ichierzen

Ichierzen Pianissimo User

Sep 22, 2007
    Thanks for the comments! Dynamic contrast is an ever-continuing struggle, especially between what I think is happening, and what the "audience" hears. The Eb is an "Accent" brand that I picked up in a local music store that was having a gigantic sale before they changed owners. Apparently, from what the net has provided, B&S makes it, sells it, and Allegro stamps the bells or something, not sure on that process, but it looks exactly like a B&S Challenger II.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. mtbevins

mtbevins Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Very well done. You have a very nice tone.

4. mtbevins

mtbevins Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
  5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
  6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
  7. mtbevins

mtbevins Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks Ted, yes you can see where I fear the up-coming double C and take another breath (in the wrong place). I really need to work on my breathning. Practice practice practice. :)

8. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I liked it. I think it's pretty impressive that you get a nice sound in the lower register and then can go up high like that.

9. trumpetlover2001

trumpetlover2001 New Friend

Jul 5, 2011
    RichJ,

My son and I have been listening to Forrest's trumpet play on youtube for a few months! He is the model of my son. My son has been playing for about a year and I have his recital on youtube here: YouTube - ‪The Executant by R.M. Endresen (Max Zhao)‬‏

Please give me some advise or suggestion. I don't know much about trumpet, but I feel that the sound is not clear. I have asked his teacher and his teacher doesn't know what I mean.

Thanks lot!

- Kate

10. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    It just takes time for the pinched sound to go away. The more he plays and builds up muscle the more relaxed the lips will be in the center in the mouthpiece. Then the pinched sound will go away.