Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.
These are great! More! More!
I hope that some other amateur hacks like myself also post up.
Nice work Guy!, Sounds good!
Patrick, I enjoyed that back when I first heard it and I put it on my hard drive rotation, so I hear it often while on the computer.
I'll add one, in the spirit of being a fellow "amateur hack". It was recorded last summer, about 6 months into my comeback. I was playing my Getzen 4-valve Eterna flugelhorn.
I think that it's one of those things where trumpet players tend to be very critical of playing unless it sounds like one of the named pros, and we don't want to open ourselves up to that kind of scrutiny.
I've got a couple of other things I have recorded recently, but the project wasn't really mine, and I'm not sure it would be appropriate to post up something that is going on someone else's album (little Indie thing - nothing big) before it actually got "released" to the public.
I recorded this with a 30 year old microphone my dad had lying around, and Audacity some months ago.
It's 4 parts from the piece 'let me try again'. It misses some parts that I didn't have, or were written for other instruments ect.
Note that the volume changes sometimes, mostly because I was moving and accidently increasing or decreasing the distance from the horn to the microphone.
YouTube - "Let me try Again" on Trumpet
Yep! Very nice.
Ahhh, this is me, 2002, loooong time ago, when all that mattered was to play fast....hahaha...pretty funny!! The tune is Sandunga!
Playing on my Schilke S32 with Laskey 65ES mouthpiece..
YouTube- Jon Petters little solo - Live
Dude, that's off the frickin chain! Nice! You were playing really fast, but it totally fit the tune.
That was really nice Chuck.
Sorry I'm responding to all of these today - I wasn't in a place where I could really listen to them yesterday.
I did a two-part Telemann canonic sonata a year or so ago, but the mic I used was a really cheap, USB mic that came with my kids' Guitar Hero World Tour. One of the things I have noticed about doing multi-horn recording is that it's a lot more difficult to get the parts to lock than I would have anticipated, and of course the recording by itself presents its own challenges. One of the problems I had using the Blue Icicle XLR to USB converter is that I didn't have a lot of headroom for gain control, so I had a pretty small area where I could record and get enough volume without clipping. On the flugel thing I posted above I actually recorded that twice - once to figure out what I was doing, and then the second time where I thought I had it. Unfortunately, I had a bit of clipping on my louds on the second one, but I was able to do some strategic copy/paste work in two places where I snipped parts from the first version and was able to get them to lay in fairly seamlessly in the second.
I love doing recording projects though - there is nothing like the pressure of getting it right added with the instant feedback to hear what you really played to tighten your playing up. It's humbling, but good for me nonetheless.