TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. ewanmains

ewanmains Piano User

Jun 9, 2009
    Kilmarnock, UK
  2. Flugel52

Flugel52 Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2011
    Central Florida
  3. ewanmains

ewanmains Piano User

Jun 9, 2009
    Kilmarnock, UK
    Thanks Steve! It was recorded on a live gig - just a mic and direct line from the piano. It's a gorgeous tune - I love playing it.

I was on my old Yam6310Z trumpet with a 1.5C m/piece. Jeez, I miss that horn!! Had to sell it as it was worn out. :-(

4. Flugel52

Flugel52 Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2011
    Central Florida
    Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that was a live recording from a gig (very well-behaved audience :lol:). It came out very nice. I know what it's like to get attached to a horn - I've had my Silver Flair since 1967, and can never part with it! Keep up the great work!

Steve

5. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
  6. olbrneyes

olbrneyes Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2007
    Portland, OR
  7. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

By teacher do you mean his band director? If a trumpet teacher doesn't know what you mean he needs a new one.

He pinches his embouchure too much when he plays. He needs to learn to play with more relaxed lips. That will clear his sound up but it might be difficult for him to do on his own. It won't go away by itself. He has to use more air support and less lip tension.

You don't want to buzz your lips hard into the trumpet the same way that you would in order to make a sound on the mouthpiece.

Is someone having him buzz his mouthpiece or lips without his horn? If he is doing this he should stop it for a while.

I could teach him to do this via webcam.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  8. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I think that you have a real nice dixie feel but that wasn't very loud.

9. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia