TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Bravo!!!!

2. flacoman

flacoman Pianissimo User

Oct 4, 2011
    Is there a comedy section? I might be qualified to post there....:dontknow:

3. trumpetguy27

trumpetguy27 Mezzo Piano User

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    I'll join for the heck of it! I just recorded this one this afternoon on my new (to me) Adams Custom Series flugel that I am LOVING more and more EVERY time I play it! Please just remember that I in no way think of my playing right now as a finished product... I'm in the middle of a "comeback" after several years away from playing during my brain surgery etc. and I am now learning this completely new style of playing.

Prior to surgery I was all about a cutting lead sound and now I'm learning a dark warm small group jazz sound and improv... Who'da thunk it??? it's not nearly as easy as I always thought it must have been!

Anyway... here's my version of Georgia on My Mind. Please let me know what you all think, and ENJOY!

Georgia on My Mind.3gp - YouTube

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    To be honest... I loved the sound you had on the Getzen 4-valve with "Amazing Grade". Much fuller. This sound a little more pinched. I actually played your two videos side by side before making this decision. I have to give the edge to the Getzen, although nice job on "Georgia".

5. trumpetguy27

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    That's cool gmonady... sound's one of those things where everybody is going to have their own opinion and that's the cool part! That being said I feel like comparing the two is kinda comparing apples to oranges as I was trying to play Amazing Grace with a "legit" sound and feel and Georgia was my best attempt at "smoky" and dark. Now if I wanted to compare I could record Grace again and we could talk about that. =0) Actually that could be interesting! Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks again for your thoughts and opinion!

6. mtbevins

mtbevins Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Wow, great job. Forest just gets better and better.

7. mtbevins

mtbevins Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I liked it. The color is very nice. Good job with Georgia Trumpetguy27!

8. trumpetguy27

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks Todd! I'm glad you liked it... I'm really gettin into this whole laid back mellow sound thing. Anybody else with thoughts for me?

9. guyclark

guyclark Piano User

Feb 28, 2008
    Los Gatos, CA
    Wow!!! :-o

That is >>very<< impressive. In fact, my first thought was that he was "lip synching" it, but watching carefully at 1080 resolution has me convinced that he's the real deal! That kid has some real talent, and I hope he realizes it and takes care of it!!! If he does, we'll be hearing more of him in the future!!!!

I would advise against using the left hand on the fourth valve, but that's just me.

Bravo!!!!! :D

Guy Clark
    www.southbaybrass.com

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    wonderful and musical ....nice thanks for braving the web!