TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. guyclark

guyclark Piano User

Feb 28, 2008
    Los Gatos, CA

It's a couple of years since I posted this, and I have a few more videos to show.

Here is a recent performance of William Himes' Jubilance played with the Mission Peak Brass Band. I'm playing a Schilke XA1 Bb cornet.

MPBB_GJC_Jubilance_20111014.m2ts - YouTube

Here is another fairly recent video of Phillip Sparke's Flowerdale (from the Hymn of the Highlands) performed with the Silicon Valley Brass Band (played on a Schilke Eb soprano cornet).

SVBB20101204_Guy_J_Clark_Flowerdale_1080.m2ts - YouTube

and the same performance, but from a different angle:

SVBB20101204_Guy_J_Clark_Flowerdale.mp4 - YouTube

I have a few more on my "guyjclark" Youtube channel. ;-)

Guy Clark
    South Bay Brass

ps. Anyone interested in a Conn 18A copper belled cornet? It's on eBay right now ;-) Here's a demo of it:

ConnDirector18ADemo.MP4 - YouTube

2. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    It's that time of year again and Forrest pulled out another win at the National Trumpet Competition last week. Here's his performance in the finals of the 1st movement of the Bohme Concerto in F. My favorite part is the Ghitalla cadenza at 5:23 :)

-Proud Papa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-iDNo4r9dU

3. olbrneyes

olbrneyes Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2007
    Portland, OR
  4. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    I have made several Youtube videos of horns I had for sale. I also have a couple of originals and a music video on my website. Oh and the CD's I played on that are all listed on my website in my sig.

From when I was selling my Rudy Muck
    http://youtu.be/8WdSmHK6_Cg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Dang! He's kicking some bootie. He has a really mature sound for his age and he plays very musically. You have every reason to be a proud papa. 12 yeas old? I wasn't playing anything remotely that challenging until I was a junior in HS, and even then....yeah, he'd have kicked my butt.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow... Love the sound you get on the Rudy Muck... So were is your large bore Martin Committee on these clips???? Huh???? Were are they???

By the way... you are selling yourself WAY TO SHORT. You are more like Sounds10

7. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Thanks, I do have a video clip with me playing the Martin. Let me dig around for it. oh on my linked website in my sig, under the media tab both originals were done on the martin using a monette B6 mouthpiece.

Ok just a short comparison in the sound of a Monette cloned horn I sold a while back and my Martin. I play just a few measures on the martin starting at 3:28
    on this video.
    http://youtu.be/iSrSkr5dqs4

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks so much for the clip of the Martin. I just received the Gustat G2 re-make for Kanstul, and man you would not believe how the Martin Darkens even more in the upper range with thie mouthpiece. You may want to give it a try and see if you like the results.

9. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Yes I had an original HEIM #2 but at the moment I am not able to locate it. Thats the problem with buying too much trumpet gear, sometimes it just gets lost.

10. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Here's a clip from a church service I played back in June - I'd kind of forgotten about it until I was reminded this weekend, so I figured I'd bump the thread and post it up. It was kind of fun - typically when I play with this church praise team I'm playing drums, but the worship leader found out I played trumpet, and wanted to know if I'd play for a Sunday for the song "Sell Out" by Reel Big Fish.

"Sell Out" starts at almost exactly 20:00, so grab the slider and scroll forward to there. Sound quality isn't the best - the mix for the video doesn't match what's going out of the mains in the house. I'm not quite sure how "Sell Out" worked into the theme and message for the service, but I'm sure it did or else we wouldn't have played it - they try to do tunes that you'd hear on the radio as a means to connect with people who might be guests who don't normally go to church.

Between the Lines - Sell Out 10:15, Recorded on 6/2/13 MosaicChristian on USTREAM. Church