TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
  2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Dude, those sound fantastic! Really really nice recordings.

3. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks! I appreciate it!

4. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    From the CD Testify by the Lee Boys 2012 http://www.rdio.com/artist/The_Lee_Boys/album/Testify/ Some of the horn section stuff has a very earth wind and fire vibe to it.
    Also a new Jazz Quartet CD is about to be released Alvey/ Cullen group that I am featured on several tracks
    https://soundcloud.com/7thdegreetrum.../going-to-nola
    When I am legally able to link you to the music I did in the Studio with Terrance Blanchard for "Little Rootie Tootie" movie soundtrack I'll bump this thread.
    I have my own stuff that I have written too but I am still working out stuff in the studio on it so Im not ready to divulge that just yet. There are some older original compositions I wrote on my website briangraber.com under media

5. Jolter

Jolter Piano User

Apr 1, 2009
    Sweden
    Man, I've been meaning to record myself playing for a log time now. This thread might finally nudge me to do it.

Others have posted themselves playing in bands, so I thought I'd do the same. I do have a few videos of my different bands, but after going through them all, I discovered that none of them feature myself playing neither lead nor solo! I'll see if I can dig up something, but maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and record something.

Edit: Found one where I have a few bars of "solo fill", but it's played as written and with a mute, so you can't really judge my playing, I guess. Consider it a promo video for the band instead. =) I'm the trumpet guy closest to the bass player. The audio is better than expected for an outdoors gig!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDX5S2ONNNM

(Before anyone asks why the audience seem to be in a hurry, I don't think it was because of our playing. The local half-marathon was about to start, half a kilometer from where we were playing. The race management hire all the local bands they can find, to provide a bit of ambiance surrounding the race.)

Edit 2: Here is a symphonic recording where I play first. John Williams' Hook soundtrack, the part "Cornucopia" as can be heard on the soundtrack album track "The Never-Feast". Apologies for the fubbed-up sixteenth notes near the end...
    Quite the project, this, a (mostly) amateur symphony of 107 players, doing movie score concerts.

https://soundcloud.com/gothia-concentus/hook-suite-part-one-cornucopia

6. tpopbop

tpopbop New Friend

May 1, 2012
    Nice. Thanks for posting up your vid and track.

Love the big band. Reminds me a time I did a favor for a friend and volunteered to play in a little "pep" band HALFWAY THROUGH A MARATHON to encourage the runners as they came by. I sometimes wonder what these organizers are thinking.

BTW, who's the singer. I love her voice. It's a real old-school big band timbre.

Also, I did a double-take for a moment, thinking perhaps it s was an all-girl band when I saw the sax section. What's with that? Do men in Sweden prefer brass? I can't blame 'em. :lol:

7. olbrneyes

olbrneyes Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Hi Fellow Trumpet Players,

We have an 18 piece big band here in Portland, OR. We play the music of Harry James, and feature my Wife Cheryl Morris on vocals.
    Cheryl was the vocalist with Harry James for three years, and sang with the HJ ghost band for another eleven years.

I admit there are rough patches in some of our performances. However, it is a thrill to play Harry's charts, and for me to try and play Harry James' solos.

A Salute to Harry James - Chuck Par-Due & The Mike Curtis Jazz Project - YouTube

8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Very nice olbrneyes!

Here is our group doing a HJ tune, a recording from behind, and our drummer got a little carried away with the tempo.

Yeah, fun doing Harry's music.

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Can't the lady afford shoes?

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The lady has money.................

Back row, no one can see our feet, I let her be comfortable. It's MY call.

The lady is also married to Mike Williams, 28 years as the lead trumpet in the Count Basie Orchestra.