TM member sound clips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RichJ, May 10, 2010.

1. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Not great recordings [and not very good playing quality], but here are some short clips for two video reviews I am working on - one of my Conn 24A flugel, and the other of my Musica 96T pocket trumpet. The pocket trumpet one might include a section comparing the 96T [Jupiter stencil] to the Chinese-made C-S Prelude PT711 pocket trumpet.

The pocket trumpet [the flugel will be in the next post]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTRqvsm80Vw

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Hey CDF.....what's wrong with that video??

Great sound and range for that lil pocket trumpet!

3. ConnDirectorFan

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Well, it doesn't swing enough, the notes are cut off too short... :D

Thanks, Solar Bell and co.! The flugel video is still processing, so I'll post that when it [eventually] finishes.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    you're your own worst critic aren't you? -- lighten up on yourself --- that was pretty decent!!!

5. ConnDirectorFan

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Thank you KT - perhaps it can be phrased as "trumpet players are on an endless path: the path of self-improvement - and no matter where we are on that path, we still strive to continue along that path"

and now I realize, that statement can be refuted in multiple ways, but I hold it as my opinion

6. ConnDirectorFan

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    YouTube finally got the video processed - here is the most cliched flugel bit ever, but likely the first Internet video recording of it on a Conn 24A:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtJ_FRirZA

Right now, I am working on the reviews as stated earlier; my only setback is a mouthpiece adapter I am buying from a friend, as delivery has been delayed.

7. Lionelsax

Lionelsax Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2013
  8. ConnDirectorFan

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    I started the video at 1:23 and I thought it was fine! :thumbsup:

While trumpet/cornet/flugel clips are the norm of the thread, I think a few bits of other instruments here and there is okay. Maybe I should post something of me playing the piano WAIT :sorry: perhaps I'm speaking too soon, then the last thing posted will be trumpet videos! :lol:

but the clip was fine, so I personally have no problems with it!

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I totally understand ---- that's why I don't post my rendition of Maria" the Maynard Ferguson version ----- some "other guy" wanted me to post -- because I said I could play a few high notes ---------------------------------------------- I told him, to wait another 6 months to a year, ---- then maybe I will post it ---- but now, it just doesn't suit me ---- ((ok some days I can't get the High Bb reliably, and that High Ab sometimes --- on occasion though --- I think, "hey that was reasonable" ---- someday I will post something --- someday ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. ConnDirectorFan

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    That gives me an idea! I'll start working on this right away...