TM Recordings

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpettrax, Apr 21, 2012.

1. trumpettrax

trumpettrax Piano User

Mar 18, 2006
    Texas
    I'm curious to know how many of our TMers actually have recordings/CDs out that are available for purchase?

2. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    As a solo artist, no. In bands. Yes.

3. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Same as above for me.

4. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas

And me too

5. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    I'm so old I've got stuff on vinyl. But I'm pursuing another path at this stage of my life.

6. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Getting a good mic, planning to do some recordings this summer, some jazz, some classical; however, none at this moment.

7. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Yes you do Mark. KOS sells CD's and you were recorded once. ;-)

8. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I had my first CD as a soloist produced this past February. Diamond Dust by F.O.G.. The band is planning a live local tour this summer and have asked me to join them on 3 more songs from the CD. I need to write the trumpet part pretty soon like I did for "Overdue Love Song" on the Diamond Dust CD ( f.o.g. | blog on Myspace
    ). The CD is being sold through a variety of distributors. Bob Holcomb has asked if I could write some trumpet parts for some of the CD's other acoustic songs like Heartbeats, Mischief Song, Lazarus, and Waterloo Indigo for the tour/promotion of the CD. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions about what would sound good email me at [email protected]. I'll give you credit on the CD if we record it.

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Later this year, I hope to have a blues album done, to feauture me mostly on guitar, with some singing and trumpet. A mix of covers and some original songs from my friends and relatives .... liner notes, the whole nine yards. It'll be independent but up for sale. The first finished track, to be re-mixed and mastered later (by somebody who knows what they're doing) is posted on SoundCloud. I'll probably call the album "Blue Turtle".

Turtle

10. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Yes. It is a collaboration with a singer. We shared the writing etc about 50/50.