TM/TH gathering

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by rbtrumpet08, Oct 30, 2005.

1. rbtrumpet08

rbtrumpet08 Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2004
    I know i mentioned it a long time ago on TH before this last summer, but I thought I would bring it up again. How about we arrange a semi official TM and TH get together gathering thing. Something where people can show off their expertise, we can meet the people we've been talking to online, and some of you trumpet dealers can show off your products. I know that quite a few of us TMers and THers are still of highschool and college age and wouldnt have the money or time to make a long or international trip, so it would seem wise to set up a good many of these centralized where a lot of us are. I would love to meet some of you, hear some of you music, and buy a few things from the dealers. We could also sell TM or TH gear at these along with official pink wigs.

so anyone interested?

Maybe if we can find him, we can get some help from swthiel. i think thats his name on TM also, if im not mistaken. heres a quote from him from last year.

so anyone interested?

2. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Get together

If an antique comebacker is welcome at this fest I will be willing to drive the 400 miles to attend. One of the things that I think would be interesting would be swap meet for trumpets/cornets. Most of us have a cumbersome sized inventory of horns. Some of these we want to keep, and, some we want to sell. If a customer can handle/try the merchandise it aids in the sale and adds to the draw to the get together. Tentatively count me in, if you don't mind having a 70 year old has been/wanabee/comebacker in your group.

OLDLOU>>

3. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Get together

If an antique comebacker is welcome at this fest I will be willing to drive the 400 miles to attend. One of the things that I think would be interesting would be swap meet for trumpets/cornets. Most of us have a cumbersome sized inventory of horns. Some of these we want to keep, and, some we want to sell. If a customer can handle/try the merchandise it aids in the sale and adds to the draw to the get together. Tentatively count me in, if you don't mind having a 70 year old has been/wanabee/comebacker in your group.

OLDLOU>>

4. rbtrumpet08

Dec 28, 2004
    Re: Get together

We wouldn't mind a single bit! We'd love to have you come! ....the only problem is getting this event happening. (Ugh that was bad grammar. Even if it wasn't, it sure sounds odd.)

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I thought that we had already run the idea of meeing at the ITG conference next June as a possible time and place. Anyone?

6. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    ITG Meeting

Where will the ITG Meeting be held? I am not a member and can't find any info on how to join the ITG. I have been to their website and found nothing about joining.

OLDLOU>

7. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    hey i like that idea!
    would be cool if we could have it in sandiego,
    that way you can write it off as a business trip.hmmmmmmmm ;-)
    Yea i,d be down wit dat.

8. rbtrumpet08

Dec 28, 2004
    It is in Rowan NJ i think. Unfortunately I'm not a member and im not going. too much money. :(

one year membership: $40
    one year student membership: $25
    one year senior membership (65+): $25

http://www.trumpetguild.org/join/join.htm

9. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    ITG membership

As a bonified,qualified, certified, and actual senior citizen, Age 69, I qualify for a senior membership at $25.00. The check goes out tomorrow.

OLDLOU>>

10. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    I look forward to meeting some of you all at ITG next year, I love the idea of a TM-TH gathering, I would be more than willing to drop a little cash for a plane ticket to come meet a bunch of the guys on here.