to the teachers on this forum...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by smokey, Aug 21, 2011.

1. smokey

smokey New Friend

Sep 22, 2009
    i am going to make this short, i am not a man of many words...

you folks have many students that can not afford a decent trumpet or even a rental, and i have a jean baptist and a carol 100, both almost new

i just received a new carol 500T and can easily part with the older two...

if you have a student that can not afford a decent horn with whom you have great faith, it would be my pleasure to give it to you for you to give it to them

PM me.

all the best,
    smokey

larry tscharner and turtlejimmy like this.
  2. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    If no bites, consider a local primary school. They would appreciate any support I am sure.

You're a gentleman, God Bless you.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    What of that lady in Haiti collecting instruments for disadvantaged kids? You'll find her here on TM - somewhere.

4. chenzo

chenzo Piano User

Jul 18, 2008
    Aust
    Good for you Smokey:bravo::bravo:
    It's good to hear some good well meaning news, I wish who ever receives your offer has lasting relationship with the horn......
    Cheers and all the best ...........

May the trumpet gods smile upon the..........:D

5. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    +1 on all of the above. God has blessed you with the ability to be a blessing to someone else. No further coment is necessary. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Your generosity has touched us all.
    The Band director at the high school in Joplin, Missouri is in desperate need of instruments for their school was wiped out from the recent tornado.

You can read about it at this location…..
    http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=499327

7. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Piano User

Nov 22, 2003
    Gainesville, Florida
    I just started at a new position with special needs students. Very poor home situations and would never be able to obtain an instrument at any cost.

If these are still available, I would be happy to pay the shipping to put them in their hands.

Bill Dishman
    Gainesville, Florida

8. phittle

phittle Pianissimo User

May 9, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Joplin H.S. Band...most definitely...And Bless you for your generosity! BAC Horn Doctor in Kansas City had been soliciting for donations for Joplin. You can find them on the web....BAC HORN DOCTOR - Instrument Repair

9. craigph

craigph Piano User

Mar 12, 2010
    Japan
    'That lady' ? You must be talking about the chop doc, Jeanne Gabriel Pocius Dorismond, author of "Trumpeting by Nature: An Efficient Guide to Optimal Trumpet Performance" (darn good read by the way)
    Amazon.com: Trumpeting by Nature: An Efficient Guide to Optimal Trumpet Performance (9781432702618): Jeanne G Pocius: Books

and "Shaken Not Stirred" (about the earthquake in Haiti)
    Amazon.com: Shaken, Not Stirred: A Survivor's Account of the January 12, 2010 Earthquake in Haiti (9781432758356): Jeanne G Pocius: Books

She is the director of a non-profit charity called Instrumental Change inc
    Welcome to Instrumental Change!

They are looking for the donation of instruments (or money to buy instruments) "to provide the power of music to empower those in need:"

Her email is:
    [email protected]

US Cell:(001)978-317-4731
    Call me on SKYPE: (617) 326-7824
    SKYPE ID: jeanne.gabriel.pocius
    Cell Phone in Haiti: 011 509 38 43 08 80

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yep, that's the one I had in mind - but it sounds like a local worthy cause may just benefit from some amazingly selfless generosity.