to the teachers on this forum...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by smokey, Aug 21, 2011.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    great thread.. perhaps more instruements will pop up for donation

2. smokey

smokey New Friend

Sep 22, 2009
    just want to thank all for your suggestions & advice

i did not get even 1 PM and that was a big surprise for me. i had hopes to make this personal, my gift to a teacher and their gift to a student. personal. and secretly hoping to hear some news now and then. making it even more personal.

about Joplin HS: i checked and there is a matching funds program for them so i will send them a check that will be worth double - i already feel i am getting a bargain, but i will call them tomorrow to verify that this will go to the music director and if possible to go for a trumpet player but if not okay. but it says without clarity that it is being matched by UAE. if that is for the country [UAE], i will cancel this donation. tomorrow will tell. sorry. if anybody knows, please let me know.

about Haiti: i will also call Jeanne tomorrow. thanks for the heads-up

and to Bill D. it is my pleasure to send you 1. i hope it is enjoyed. please PM me your addy

again my thanks,
    smokey

3. smokey

smokey New Friend

Sep 22, 2009
    just a note: i have sent a request to a friend to get some quality trumpets. i do not know if my idea is feasible. i am trying. i just keep thinking that if it can come to fruition it may make a bunch of kids, HAPPY!

i'm asking a lot so that means that success is less likely, but if you don't ask, you will never know

if you don't hear from me you can guess that my request could not be fulfilled

best,
    smokey

4. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    What an inspiration. SOme child will be very happy and learning something that he/she didn't have a chance to learn before. We need more people with your heart. God is good.

5. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I went to this web site and could find nothing related to collecting donations for Joplin. Are you sure this is the right place?? I am willing to donate if I can find out how to do it.