Today is a first!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NYCO10, May 23, 2010.

1. NYCO10

NYCO10 Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2010
    United Kingdom
    What fantastic weather in England at last!! so hot that, even though i should be enjoying the sun, i committed myself to practice! only one problem... after about 20mins i couldn't keep the mouthpiece on my face! it kept sliding off! any body else experienced this?! it was a bit of a funny moment so i thought i'd share it with you guys!

Peace NYCO10ROFL

2. poetofsound

poetofsound Pianissimo User

Jan 4, 2009
    California
    Interesting -- I've only seen this happen to some of my younger student after they have been playing a while and their chops are tired.

3. NYCO10

NYCO10 Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Haha i did have a gig last night (the best one of my life!) so that might be something to do with it, but i think it was due to the sweat!:thumbsup:

Peace NYCO10

4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Actually, that happened to me once - but it was in cold weather and my breath kept freezing on the mouthpiece and formed ice which caused my lips to keep slipping off. I think your problem is better.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    If your horn is sliding anywhere, you have body usage issues. You should be able to hold the horn and your head reasonably still. Sliding off means that there are forces during your playing that require some stickyness to compensate for. VERY bad news. Most players that I know with that problem use WAY too much pressure too. Read this to get started:

David G. Monette Corporation