Today...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RobertSlotte, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Paul Du Bourg

Paul Du Bourg Pianissimo User

Oct 27, 2006
    JHB
    Misty, Nature Boy, Fascination, Lullaby of Birdland.

Sweet stuff indeed!!!!!!!

Practicing typing Skills on internet.... couldn't resist getting my Selmer Paris Concept TT.

8310 still takes pride of place until further notice.

Arriving next week. Can't wait.

Cheers

Paul.

2. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    We just finished a rehearsal with my Branson Trumpet Ensemble. There’s nothing better than sight reading new charts with good friends for a couple of hours.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OH -- here is an FYI -- and a plug for gmonady and the Eddie Brookshire Quintet which has a website: this dude (gmonady) can really play!!!!!!!!! and although this post is a little late to catch him in Cincinnati --- there are a few more dates listed for July -- that is if your in the Ohio region.:thumbsup:

http://www.eddiebrookshiremusic.com/index.html

4. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Put up a blog on melody playing, prepped a Strad trumpet just back from the platers, repaired a Conn 8D french horn and a Cerveny Flugelhorn, did some layout work on my new melody book, gave a lesson...and am now opening a beer.

5. schleiman

schleiman Piano User

May 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Warm up, rest, flexibility exercises, rest. Lesson with Keith Fiala, got hammered intensely with a new endurance exercise he gave me, then off to work I went. Now my wife is making something that smells amazing downstairs......

6. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Normal routine consisting of warm-up, work on flexibility studies, multiple tonguing, a couple of Characteristic Studies in the Arban, working on the Honegger Intrada, giving a private lesson, and ending the day with an old cornet solo in the Arban.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    KT, thanks for the plug! Had a great chance to meet cyber_shake AKA Blaine, who droped in to see me at the Blue Whisp. This was so special and it really makes one feel great to connect with another TM member. I am hoping he survived our high energy rhythm section!

Blaine brought in his Getzen Power Bore and man is IT a BEAUTIFUL horn. It plays so open and has a perfect balance. And man did Tom Green do a fabulous job in restoring that horn. It is a work of art. I am sending my olds in to Tom next month, assuming I can score a back up Recording from my little brother, as we have several gigs in July and I need a horn badly. Hay Blaine, if my brother falls through, I'm a thinkin...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Practiced in the AM then Tm'ed for awhile. Went to work and cut 8 lawns.
    Got home and ate dinner and watched NCIS then Frasier. Closing out the evening with this post. Glad "G" man and cyber-shake had a good show. Ya'll have a great weekend.:thumbsup:

9. Smcquaid

Smcquaid Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2010
    did various lip buzzing exercises, very basic flexibilities, variations on clarke 1 shown to me by laurie frink, jazz improv. in the process of choosing my audition tunes for my camp