Today's adventure

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ltg_trumpet, Jul 18, 2011.

1. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    Well, went trumpet hunting on craigslist, stumbled on a selmer k mod 25 for 300 bucks, so what did I do? Made some money. Posted my tv online and my xbox, reeled in 300 bucks. The guy who bought the stuff was a super nice IT guy, his wife was living with his parents a couple counties away while he lived in an apartment, probably saving up to get a nice house. Left him, checked my phone, the seller of the selmer k wised up and got the horn appraised, 800 bucks the guy told him, so I ended up not getting the sweet little thing, but whatever lol. I haven't played xbox or watched tv, everything I need is on my computer (coltrane, sidewinder, freddie, clifford) and the rest is online. So now I have three hundred dollars. Any body wanna sell a poor student a nice pro horn? I would be forever grateful! Well hey, I can ask! :) Maybe I will go mouthpiece hunting, drool over some monette's or gr's. Maybe start saving up for a flugel. Phew, those phat boys are pretty cherry.

Any body else have any stories about the fish getting away? It kinda sucks, and you never hear em hahaha

2. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    I have a brand new gr I'd sell ya.. sweet piece..

3. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Too bad! You made an inspired try, though and maybe will have another opportunity. Makes me wonder what happened to that $200 Committee that was on Craigslist a while back and the seller pulled for appraisal after being inundated with contacts?

4. ltg_trumpet

Jan 21, 2009
    I might be interested, I am playing a bach 3c and I am looking for something with a thinner rim and a deeper cup. I will probably end up using the 3c for my all around work, but I really wanna see if I can get a mouthpiece that will give me the room for fat and sexy :)

5. ltg_trumpet

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah! I think that's what happened to this guy. Momma said it's hard to sell instruments in this economy, but really, she doesn't realize that there are trumpet players PROWLING for new horns ;)