Tongue controlled emboucher -Spit buzzing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dean_0, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Dean_0

Dean_0 Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    NE
    I did forget to mention that Mr. Callet had to find something better as he says he was practicing 5-8 hours a day and early on was cutting his lip.

So it seems to me that from the start he needed a different approach ,,that's fine if it worked for him it's all good :-)

After trying this I did realize that using some tongue pressure on the bottom lip at high registers was a help ,more testing is needed of course . but like tobylou8, I cant get used to the tickling on my tongue :oops:

Dean_0

2. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Piano User

Mar 4, 2005
    There are lots of systems/methods out there; TCE, Balanced Embouchure, Pivot, Stevens-Costello DHC in 37 Weeks etc. They all can work for some people. The problem is that when one player has success with a particular method he/she assumes that method will work equally well for everyone else and all those other methods are FOS. Some even go on to say that certain famous but sadly dead players used this method without even realizing/discussing/writing about it.

3. Harky

Harky Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2013
    Lancaster, PA
    Kudos! Well said. If something's too good to be true..... No substitute for good fundamentals, hard work, focused study, and a good mentor to guide us along the path. It takes time, usually.