Torn muscle in throat

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tombrown1, Feb 21, 2008.

1. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Tom,
    Glade to see you have the military health care. Tricare for life I think they call it? I think it is a pretty good system.
    I hope you can get this problem worked out in short order.

2. tombrown1

tombrown1 Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2005
    Hey guys - thanks for the well wishes.

3. faithraven

faithraven New Friend

Jun 9, 2010
    Bahamas
    hi....i would also like to know how are you handling or handled your condition. i found this site by way of google. i wanted to know if there was anyone else that had a torn throat. two months ago i found out that mine was torn. because of my allergies and nasal infections i have mysteriously developed it made the area where it was torn allot worst. i am a vocalist as well as a saxophonist, between the two i was told it didnt make my situation better. so now i have no voice at all, going through the ups and downs of swollen glands, face, nasal and throat. i am told i have to do surgery like the one you have had done, my nasal and tonsils need to be removed. i feel more than jus crippled but i just want to get better.

i am on some kind of meds that has me so high at night i can't sleep..i dont even remember sleeping. my doctor tells me to continue to take it till i am schedule for surgery.

i am open to suggestions and encouragements

4. Ric232

Ric232 Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2009
    Coastal GA
    The only cheap disability insurance requires that you be TOTALLY disabled before you can collect anything. The more expensive policies will pay certain amounts if you are partially disabled.

5. graysono

graysono Mezzo Forte User

Jan 22, 2007
    Hyde Park, Utah
    Did your surgeon tell you this second injury was made more likely by the thyroid surgery? I had abdominal surgery (almost 8 yrs ago now) and within a year had an abdominal hernia. It required a simple operational fix--outpatient clinic. But the point is, that my original surgeon then said to me, Oh yeah, probability of hernia is raised by an abdominal operation. I don't know if it is meaningful to have known this ahead of time. But my guess is that the probability of that strap muscle going was raised by your thyroid surgery and someone might have known that and said, play within the staff for a year. Just a thought. Hindsight remains perfect! Good luck.