Torpedo Bag Trilogy Part II is UP! "All Jacked Up"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Grizzle, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Grizzle

Grizzle Pianissimo User

Aug 21, 2006
    Minneapolis
    The Torpedo Bag Trilogy - Part II: All Jacked Up, is here:

YouTube - Torpedo Bag Trilogy - Part II: All Jacked Up

This is video of us putting my car on top of two Torpedo Bags, with a trumpet inside the driver's side case.

The Torpedo Bag Trilogy - Part I: The 60 MPH Launch Pad, is here, in case you haven't seen it yet (slighter better editing than the version posted a month ago):

YouTube - Torpedo Bag Trilogy - Part I: The 60 MPH Launch Pad

This is video of us throwing a Torpedo Bag out my car's sun roof at 60 MPH, with a trumpet inside, of course.

The version (Part I) from a month ago:

YouTube - Torpedo Bag Trilogy - Part I: The 60 MPH Launch Pad

Amateur film making at it's finest! :D

2. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Yeah boyyy!
    That's why i love my loredo brown saddle leather torpedo, it looks cool and it's the bomb.

3. Grizzle

Grizzle Pianissimo User

Aug 21, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Sorry--didn't know that one. Won't happen again.:-(

4. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    love the cop showing up. classic stuff! Once my Rocky Mtn. single bag bites the dust I'm getting a torpedo!

5. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    SO what are they made out of? PVC or Poly ethlene or Lexan with a nylon covering outside and padded inside etc????? Details? I have seen some on ebay but did not know anything about them at the time.

6. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Oh I wanted to add that I love the classic male doing the voice and stuff and the cute girl walking out to pick it up after wards. It kind of reminds you of the old Price is right of even wheel of fortune type format! The only why it would have been any better would be to put her in a cocktail dress and have her show the product while he speaks describeing all the details etc....I am sure that it was not by design the retro nature of the add but I likedit all the same! Great job!

7. Grizzle

Grizzle Pianissimo User

Aug 21, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Heh heh. Matt Hilton (Marketing rep for Karl Hammond and passenger seat case-tosser) and I made the vid down where he lives south of Minneapolis. His neighbor was helping take some still photos, and his HS age kid was one of the road video guys. And there were some friends of the neighbor's kid also helping/killing time on a Sat. When we were talking about who should go get the case, everyone just pointed to her. Not really "by design," but still the obvious on the spot decision. We had fun--the cop thing was just icing.

8. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Yes the cop turning up is too funy!!! You can actualy get permission to do does like that legaly though. Far better though is to find a local airport that is small and does not have a tower and has light traffic. You can get permission to use a taxi way or the runway for a single of double pass etc..... They just usualy want someone at each end of the runway while you are out their ont he local Unicom freq. to warn any incomeing traffic that the run way is being used briefly or worked on etc...... The SCCA used to hold race's at small airports and or abaden military facilities from WWII etc..... You might look into that. If you have ever watched MythBuster's they often use an Abandoned Navel base at Alemeda(sp) for just this reason to avoid public roads.