Torpedo Bags

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Jul 27, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Who has a torpedo bag? Any statements you would like to make about them? I really like the brown leather one and was actually thinking about getting one until I found out that they took away the sholder straps (back pack straps) and replaced them with one strap. (I really like the back pack straps).

Cheers
    Eric

2. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I got one for my birthday a couple months ago and i really like it. The only think I don't really like is that in order to get the horn in and out of the case, you have to grab the bell and get fingerprints all over it, but its not to big of a deal.

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I also have a Torpedo bag.

It really is a great case.

I keep my Eclipse MS, a cup mute, tuxedo plaunger, harmon mute, straight mute, pixie mute, Hamilton trumpet stand (brokeb in two), 3 mouthopiece case, valve oil, business cards, Leatherman and reading glasses case all in the mute pouch and in the cover storage. Plus it is super strong.

I also keep my horn in a satin bag. That eliminates the finger prints when you remove it.

I would recommend it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-cw-

4. Dave

Dave Guest

Where did you get the satin bag?

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    WWBW

I believe they call it the trumpet protector bag #122024 their own brand..

Just call them and ask a brass sales person.

-cw-

6. jultone

jultone New Friend

Feb 9, 2006
    St Paul, MN
    At first, when my friend Steve said he was going to produce this bag, I thought he was nuts. 'There are too many bags on the market. It won't sell.' I said. Boy has he proven me wrong.

Great bag and great design. One of the only gig bags I know of that you can feel comfortable checking it in for luggage handling at the airlines. I don't own one right now, as I got my bag right when Steve was starting to make these, so am not in need, yet. This is definitely my next gig bag purchase.

Don't hesitate one iota in making the purchase.

7. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Is it comfortable to "wear"? I heard that they took away the back pack straps and added just one sholder strap. I would think that the back back straps would be more comfortable.

Is there a way to get a leather one with these back pack straps?

Eric

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Eric,

I am a Torpedo Bag dealer. The leather bags are made to order. You could probably get it any way you would want. It is the most protective trumpet case I have ever seen. While dealers can get you a leather bag, the best idea would be to go directly to GMP and ask them if a leather bag with straps is possible -- and how much.

www.torpedobags.com

It will be the last trumpet case you will probably ever need for a single trumpet.

Jim

9. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    LEATHER LOREDO TORPEDO BAG!

Not only doe's it offer extreme maximum protection, it is pure luxury!
    I'm happy steve did away with the back-pack straps, the leather is to classy for that.
    All my friends say the loredo is BANG-ING!

If you ain't got's one of these you ain't
    rolling!
    Put me in the fan club!
    Thanks steve.
    Clarence

10. andrew_jordan

andrew_jordan Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Or, if you consder yourself crafty, pick up some satin or whatevver else for like 3 dollars a square yard at the local fabric shop and sew it up yourself for free. Much cheaper for those of us on a tight penny.

Drew