TOTALLY OFF TOPIC! WARNING! TROMBONES!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Tootsall, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
  2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    And all ladies at that.

They were very good. Double and triple tonging while moving the slide is no easy task. That bass trombone player was rattling the bottom. And I know piccolo players that struggle with that part, much less a tenor trombone. You're right -- quite impressive.

Jim

3. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    That group is called Bones Apart, a quartet that attends the Royal Conservatory of Music in London. My roomie is a bone player and we actually got to see them live last year, it was a really great experience, even for a trumpet player :D

4. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Do you mean Royal College of Music or Royal Academy of Music?

5. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    WOW!!!!!!!! :-o :shock: :-o :shock: :-o :shock: !

That is absolutely incredible! I'm showing this to my trombone playing son tonight, he'll flip!

I'd gladly pay to see this group, men or women! Who cares when they can play like that! And those lip trills on the piccolo part! OH MY GOODNESS!

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thanks for putting the post up...

During our coffee break, I played the clip for the folks in the lounge which included our trombone section and they loved it. I had to play it several times.

Okay, we're up at bat, now. Which among you that is experienced at arranging well, will be the first to write an arrangement of same?

ML

7. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Oh I could do it. But to make it sound good we would need a piccolo trumpet, two Bb trumpets (or maybe a Bb and an Eb) and a bass trumpet. I guess I could play the bass trumpet. The bass trombone is really in the tuba range and the small bore tenor, is a high playing machine much like the piccolo trumpet. We could avoid the bass trumpet if someone is very good at pedal tones. :shock:

Oh the things I could do if I had time ... but I must tell you it intrigues me.

Jim

8. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I believe it's Royal Academy, don't quote me on this, but I'm alsmost certain.

9. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    OMG -- that is fabulous!!! Do you have any more clips?
    [​IMG]

10. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    I believe that an arrangement is already up on the Sibelius website (Dr. Fox knows what I'm talking about).
    I remember hearing a recording of the Ohio State marching band playing an arrangement where the trombones played "76 Trombones," while the rest of the brass played the Stars and Stripes melody, with piccolo trumpets playing the piccolo part. Quite impressive!