Totally Sad About Elkhart

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 28, 2008.

1. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thank you for the clarification, Brett! (wow, a Getzen!!) I will keep that in mind, and when I have the opportunity to buy another new instrument I will definitely keep Getzen and Blessing in mind. I feel good about my first trumpet having been a Blessing now. :) Sorry for the mix-up about Elkhart and Elkhorn. You'd think they could have been more creative with the names. ;)

2. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hi,

Yes, Getzen and Blessing are independant. I own a Blessing and hope to own a Getzen one day. I've heard the valves are wonderful! Thanks, Brett!

Information on Blessing history can be found at:

History

Best wishes,

Lloyd

3. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

I was in a pawn shop recently and saw a nice alto sax ..... I was looking at it, said "Elkhart" on it which looked promising ..... sure enough looked on the bell and it had the model number, serial number, then R.O.C. Woops. Be careful out there!

4. Brett Getzen

Brett Getzen Pianissimo User

Sep 19, 2006
    Elkhorn, WI
    Misty, I'm really not that impressive. Ask around and I'm sure other members will agree with me on that one. :D

Brett Getzen

ps My girlfriend was reading over my shoulder and agreed. She said I'm not at all impressive.

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Dump her! :cool:

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Brett,
    any manufacturer willing to put up with us is pretty impressive if you ask me. If your girlfriend is not impressed, sell her and buy a new horn!

7. Brett Getzen

Brett Getzen Pianissimo User

Sep 19, 2006
    Elkhorn, WI
    Huh, and I always thought you guys were putting up with me. And I don't really need another horn... and I don't really have to buy them either. :D

Brett Getzen

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Uhh, Rowuk, here in America selling girlfriends is illegal. We trade them in.

We could start a poll: "How many people think Brett Getzen is impressive?" The Administrator could set it up so that only the yes votes count.

9. MrClean

MrClean Piano User

Oct 22, 2005
    SoCal
  10. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Well, I'm impressed. And I'm bummed that James Earl Jones' voice isn't all Daily Wav'ed up and the linky won't work.