Tounging

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by FlugelNoob, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Flutter tonguing is used for growls in jazz esp. with a plunger or wow wow mute. I've also seen it in some contemporary classical music. he other way to growl is by humming while you play.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Quadruple and Quintuple tonguing do exist - with people that speak with forked tongues.

3. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2008
    B.C. Canada
    I don't how you double and triple tongue, when I say "ka" then the articulations are very unclean and overall it is slower than if i say ta ta ta ta instead of ta ka ta ka

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This is why we practice, to develop skills that we have not yet mastered. There is a lot of literature that needs everything that we are talking about. I start the beginners (10 year olds) that I work with on this after the 3rd lesson. By the time they have been playing a year, they have AWESOME articulation.

Practice smart and you too can accomplish this.

5. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    hello Rowuk ,,
    i have came here to this site to help my son with his playing the cornet , i do not play as many years of construction have taken a toll on my hearing , but i enjoy all there is to learn here .
    my son has ask me a question i do not know how to answer , so i will turn the key board over to him , thank you very much for your help and understanding , his question .
    Hello I am Daniel ,how do you finger B above the scale?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  6. lunatla

lunatla New Friend

Jan 14, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    basically it is whatever you feel comfortable doing and with precision!

7. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    All Bs are fingered with the second valve. Do you have a fingering chart for the trumpet? What metodbook are you using to learn to play?

8. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    Hello Bob this is Daniel I am using Standard Book of Excellence By Bruce Pearson book 2 it does have a fingering chart but it does not go that high.
    I am trying to extend my scale. So I can play 7 Nation Army by White Stripes.
    Do you know where I can get Flight of the Bumble Bee song?

thank you for your help

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Daniel,

I wonder if this might help:-

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  10. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    There are several arraignments for trumpet. Rafael Mendez wrote and recorded one. I'll bet David Hickman has one too. Check Amazon.com and Carl Fischer Publishers.