Tounging

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by FlugelNoob, Jan 17, 2009.

1. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    hi,, Tedh1951 thank you very much dad printed that for me .
    Bob thank you also i will look up the trumpet players you have recommended and the web site.
    Dad says i need to move this post ,but he does not know where ?
    Also we need to apologize to Flugelnoob for using her post .
    I have hit that note before on my powerbore with a Getzen deluxe ML,mouthpiece , but i did not know it , but i need to find it again, its not easy practice makes perfect . any ideas ?

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Daniel, I didn't realise how small the graphic would be until I posted it - the original looks much larger. I, too, am struggling with notes above the stave and everyone has the same song to sing - Practice, Practice, Practice. It's not easy, but it sure is satisfying when everything comes together. Keep at it, search for musicality - let it sound nice, always, and then the temporary lack of range is not so frustrating. Pactice your scales at least once per week - there are only twelve common ones, but about 96 in all - know these, and you are ahead of the game.

3. borge705

borge705 Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2008
    INACTIVE ACCOUNT
  4. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC

How about a good teacher for both of you? Someone who's been there, done that and knows how to teach it would make life a lot easier and keep you from devevloping bad habits trying to increase your range. Find a good trumpet teacher.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This post is in the trumpet forum, which is the right place.

Practice does make perfect and more practice does not make more perfect, but reduces the time needed to get there. The level of musical perfection is more a function of your ability to appreciate things "beautiful" than building muscles. Listen to EVERYTHING beautiful that you can get your hands on - and then try and do it yourself.

6. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska

hi Tedh1951
    i used my print options set at 150% and all is fine .
    Daniels teacher was Gleo Huyck from Palmer Ak. excellent instructor , we are looking for someone more local.
    on the side i have a drum instructor coming once a week to teach all three , i have two young girls .
    oh Daniel is practing now ! thanks for your help ALL of You .

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Thanks Bob, I have a teacher who cut his chops in the Grenadier Guards in the UK as a professional trombonist, but he tells me his true love is trumpet. He plays as a professional trumpeter/trombonist here in Sydney and has run the Brass programme at one of the local private schools for about 30 years. While Derek and I haven't had a regular weekly lesson for about twelve months, he is available whenever I need a top-up. I have been using his guidance to advance, and I guess it's time for another couple of lessons. Thanks for your suggestion though.

8. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Daniel, do you have a web cam? I teach online lessons via web cam.

9. FlugelNoob

FlugelNoob Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2009
    Toa Payoh, Singapore

His actually, haha.