Transversal movement of the lips

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SmoothOperator, Jun 17, 2012.

1. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks for the clarification. My spatial acuity isn't all that great. :D

By moving the lips in "opposite directions", do you mean you move one slightly forward and the other slightly back?

Mike

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Chop-saver will make whatever you're doing easier!! :D

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh that makes me feel real good the next time I am in your ER and you are removing that foreign body from my eye!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Speaking of which TrumpetMD... it's 9 in the morning... shouldn't you be in the ER saving lives.

Hey, I'm an academic, I can goof around; and it's my job to complicate lives... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

5. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I can intubate, aspirate, and cannulate. But I can't operate. A man's gotta know his limitations. :D

Mike

6. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    No silly along the dextro-sinistral axis.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I'm all for moist lips when playing and whenever there is an opportunity to strike my tongue over my lips or shift my lips any which way to keep the moisture on them I do it. I just don't ... and can't do it ... when playing a note.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Whew! Cleared that up for me! :?:

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hey that's great -- that should keep us alive long enough for the "students" at the teaching hospital to get a chance at operating on us!!!!!!!!!!!!! ---- Practicing physicians!!!!, when do they ever get it right???? ROFL ROFL ROFL ---- Oh, I heard this joke --- when they give a physician 2 sticks, he thinks hes a drummer, when they give him one stick, he thinks he is a conductor, and when they give him a scalpel --- they warn him, to not play with sharp objects!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL