travel question

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetgirl612, May 31, 2005.

1. sonic

sonic New Friend

Nov 7, 2003
    Trumpetgirl-- I agree with the first posts from Tootsall and dizforpres. Your main focus should be on the wonders of this trip. You will have less than two weeks in a wonderful country to see, listen, smell, and taste all that Italy has to offer. If you open up to the experience you will enjoy and learn more than you can imagine! You should return exhausted by the pace and demands of the trip, yet excited and energized by what you have experienced.

Take along a mouthpiece for company, but look forward to returning fresh and ready to refocus on trumpet when you are back home.

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Absolutely correct. I don't understand why you can't afford to take two weeks off. Is there something pressing directly afterwards you have to be in shape for? If there is, take the mouthpiece, as suggested. Otherwise, just enjoy the trip.

ML

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003

Yeah Toots, I agree. I am merely stating that if she where to show up with one she would technically be able to carry it around with her, despite their “rules†if she really wanted too, even though realistically she would spend most of those two weeks with it strapped on her back. You are right about not having time to play it and the condition it would probably be in when it is all said and done.

I have been an a few trips like this, never with group always solo, and they can be fun. If you do take the horn you should work up an “air line security excerpt†just in case, I recommend the Star Spangled Banner!

;-)

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    TG- Get in at 2, up at 6? SLEEP! Those 4 hours are an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY. You will be touring around, walking, doing lots of things; you will need rest.

I am with Toots and Manny. Leave everything but your camera, clothes and personal care items. 2 weeks is not that long to be away from practice room 5 or your horn. (Unless there is such a room in Italy!) You'll face a couple days readjustment max, and be back to your old self.

Enjoy Italy!

5. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    thnkas guys. i guess im just overly concerned b/c i will be starting college this august <as a music major !!!!> and I want to be at the top of my game, ya know? anyway thnx guys. I'm still thinking abt bringing a mpc tho....

6. Iamtrpt

Iamtrpt New Friend

May 16, 2005
    That's awesome. What college are you heading to?

7. trumpetgirl612

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    Moravian College in Bethlehem PA
    most ppl i know are going to Rutgers/Mason Gross or TCNJ, so i figured out of state wouldbe best lol

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Take two weeks off, enjoy Italy, avoid the Italian men, eat loads of pasta and pizza (they do both properly there!) and don't get in a car!!
    The driving in Italy is truly outrageous - if there is a gap, they will go for it, even if it is less than the size of the car!!

In case anybody thinks I am just generalising, I have just returned from a tour of Italy, so have very recent experience of it.

Whereabouts in Italy are you going?
    If heading to Roma - if you possibly can, go on the open top bus trip - only about 13 euros and it shows you all of the sights. If you are in the mood for seeing some real history, you will love it - there are buildings there that are over 2000 years old!

9. trumpetgirl612

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    hehe thnx mike
    ill remember that

too bad our trips were so far apart date wise.... :(
    no matter
    glad to see you bach home

tips mike

Emily