Trent Austin

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by Tootsall, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    For those who haven't already: you really owe it to yourselves to give this guy's music a listen. It's got to be the nicest, smoothest jazz sound going around. I LOVE IT! He's got that special "something" that makes him easy to listen to and interesting at the same time.

His website: http://www.trentaustin.com/

I understand he also has some rather lengthy clips from a radio? interview up somewhere and I'd sure appreciate it if someone (Trent hisself?) were to post the link.

2. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Do yourselves a favor and check Eclipse Artist - Trent Austin out! He made that Eclipse Large Red SING during his latest performance, on Maine Public Radio. The link to the broadcast is below.

http://www.mainepublicradio.org/ondemand/fridayjazz.html

Trent's playing is unique, in that there is a constant reminder present in his improvisation, that pays homage to all of the great jazz trumpet players... without ever losing his own voice. I can see them all smilin' at him!

The group featured Tom Snow, on Piano, Gerhard Graml, on Bass, Ismail Lawal, on Drums, and... of course, Trent Austin, on Trumpet. Everyone had their time to shine, during the performance, without ever losing the great balance of the group. The Bass player was "smokin'"!

Thanks for sharing that, Trent! Enjoy it, everyone!

Best always,
    Bruce

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Thanks, Bruce. Yes...you want to click that link and select 2/27/04 for the appropriate show. HOWEVER.... ALL of the links are goodies worth listening to while you surf the net!

There's a heck of a lot of great music out there available for free...with no need to illegally copy! I personally like some of the jazz links from the BBC website: even found a couple with Noel Langley playing on 'em!