Tres Exciting

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Jan 2, 2006.

1. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    You da man! I am sending him an e-mail right now. Thanks.

2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    I asked him about these parts over a beer (or two, or three) at ITG last year - in thoery they should be being published at some point in the future. Quite what this time frame is, I have no idea, but I am hoping it will be soon.

I do know that contacting Jens can be problematic - he is a very busy guy and probably doesn't get the chance to answer every email immediately.

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    No problem, I met Greg at the Atlanta trumpet fest back in November; he is a friendly guy and great to talk too. He was also at the Western Carolina trumpet fest but I didn’t have time to go over and speak with him.

Good luck!

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Prepare something that you like to play and make it as polished as you can. When you walk into a lesson with someone like Jens, you can expect to come out of it a changed musician and trumpeter. It is best to give him your best so he can take you to another level. Good luck and enjoy!

(Oh, BTW, he must already be a memeber of TM because he posted here when he gave a review of PBM (Gould's group) and I think he uses the same name.)

5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    You know something funny? I attended FSU for two years MANY moons ago and Greg was there. He has built quite a reputation for himself with his arranging skills. JC, I am sure he will be happy to hear from you and your interest in his arrangement.