Tricks on the Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Serge_187, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Finish playing your solo greatly then pretend to trip and then run and catch up with your line.

2. dizzyizzy

dizzyizzy Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2006
    VA
    However "good" you are...my suggestion is...I'd never "do" anything "cute" that could result in a damaged horn, regardless of how "cool" it looked. Damage costs money and time to fix, and no one will remember your greatness while you're putting out big bucks.

Just play EXCELLENTLY, and do the "less is more", but DEFINITELY keep a grip on your horn.

3. bucks2

bucks2 New Friend

Sep 9, 2007
    Adelaide South Australia
    Dont be a show pony just play well, and its all done!!!!!

4. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    How about a gesture of acknowlegement for the rest of the band, turning and reaching out toward them with your open hand, like you see the soloist do on stage after an orchestra concert. They do, after all, provide your accompaniment. It's not a trick, but fairly classy.

5. TheRiddler

TheRiddler Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2006
    USA
    Pull out a beer and chug it, but spill more on your face/uniform. That get's 'em EVERYTIME.

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Run down to the end of the field and slam dunk your horn over the goal post crossbar. That will show them......

7. TheRiddler

TheRiddler Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2006
    USA
    You could run up and dropkick the drum major off the conducting stand... That's another one of my signature moves.

Or get a GIANT sandwich and eat it really fast afterwards... I'm talkin like 2 bites.... if you're a real man - just 1 bite.

8. brem

brem Mezzo Forte User

Sep 13, 2007
    Quebec City, QC, Canada
    Moon the crowd.

9. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Do not em bare ass your parents.

10. max3k

max3k Mezzo Piano User

Jan 7, 2007
    I always liked to watch football players touchdown celebration, a lot of thought goes into those and for the most part, they are entertaining.