trip to dillons

Discussion in 'Horns' started by trumpetgirl612, Apr 6, 2005.

1. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    hehe i went up to Dillon's today, and played the Monette....

OMG!

firstly, i play a lightweight horn, so it was werid at fisrt, but the flugel is kinda on the heavier side so i was ok with it after a minute or two

secondly, they are asking 7ooo for the horn, ok fine....
    well after abt 15 minutes i had to leave before i fell too in love with this horn
    it just sounded so beautiful
    if i had half the range, tone or intonation on other horns as i did on that monette....i would be like the perfect trumpet player <ok exaggeration, but it was sooo good>
    if i had the 7ooo i would have dropped the money for that horn in a heartbeat baby....but i bought a car last year <7ooo of course>
    i seriously felt orgasmic today at Dillon's....
    im sorry to the haters, but try a monette...i never got it either, but toda,y man I SAW it....

Emily

2. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Well, we know how to get to Emily...

3. trumpetgirl612

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    hehe true...of course there are other ways, but seriously, that was an awesome horn...

4. Hiwiller

Hiwiller New Friend

Dec 29, 2004
    near Cleveland, OH, USA
    Emily,

What about the horn did you think expanded your range? Was it better slotting in the higher register? Freer blowing?

Which model Monette did you try?

5. trumpetgirl612

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    umm whichever is listed on the dillon's website....it was a C horn.....

and as to why, I am not really sure exactly. I couldn't quite place it. Of course I didn't go to buy it, just to experience it, so I wasn't really concerning myself with such things <what can I say, I am an excitable high school student>

I will be returning saturday while my friend examines their French horns, so I will prolly play it again assuming it is still there....

Emily

6. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004
    Yeah, Emily ... I believe I mentioned somewhere (?) (could have been one of those "horn" forums, or some-such ) that I tried the same horn a week earlier. V nice, indeed.

Robert Rowe

7. trumpetgirl612

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    yes you had mentioned it....a truly orgasmic experience im sure