Trombone Shorty Plays National Anthem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Jan 9, 2012.

1. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Either a Getzen or an Edwards.

2. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Looks like more fun than a barrel full of monkeys!

3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    True.

Not sure I can tell the difference.

Getzen:

[​IMG]

Edwards:

[​IMG]

4. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I don't think there is much difference other than the name.

5. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Wait! The bracing is a little different.

6. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Here we go... (click on the Gen 3 3X tab at the top)

Edwards : Trumpets : Artists

Edwards it is! (Does Edwards own Getzen or the other way around)?

Kujo

7. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
  8. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Here we go again...more answers! This is from Getzen's FAQ page...

What exactly is the difference between Edwards and Getzen?

First off, it is important to note that Edwards Instrument Company is a subsidiary of the Getzen Company. All Edwards instruments are manufactured in the Getzen ProShop just like the Getzen Custom Series line of instruments.

That being said, the two companies do have some noticeable differences. Unlike Getzen, Edwards sells instruments on a retail basis direct to the consumer. Its sales staff operates independently of the Getzen Company out of its own offices. The Edwards offices are located next door to Getzen in Elkhorn, Wisconsin and are open to the public for play testing on an appointment basis.

As far as product is concerned, the two companies are as similar as they are different. Edwards instruments are based on modular designs. That is, each trumpet and trombone is designed to be easily modified with a system of interchangeable bells, leadpipes, and tuning slides. On the other hand, Getzen instruments are designed as fixed horns. There are similarities in the lines though. Getzen Custom Series trombones are the product of the most popular configurations of Edwards trombones. Players that find a perfect fit with these specific Edwards setups will find that the corresponding Custom Series trombones are a great alternative, but without the same flexibility offered by the modular aspects of an Edwards instrument.

9. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC

I love Adam's. Arturo's inspires me to hurt myself trying to ever increase my upper register. Al Hirt's has a sweetness to it. I feel like I could whip King Kong after listening to any of these. To me the National Anthem should inspire those kinds of feelings.

10. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    xjb0906,

I agree. I the national anthem should send chills down your spine. When the right artist does it (or, the artist does it right), I "do" get the chills.

BrotherBACH