Trombone Shorty

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by melza, Mar 27, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Deal!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Which puts them way ahead of those that require the changes.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    ...they are the swing!

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    it's funny that you will find various definitions of SWING ---- and not all are related to the definition of JAZZ!!! --- just saying they melted the two into the same definition just to help the modern Jazz pro feel like there is some realistic history to the convergence of legitimate BIG BAND, that evolved into JAZZ!!! --- or as the JAZZ people say -- JAZZ evolved into all other types of music!!!!!

"The period between 1935 and 1946 is when big band swing music reached its peak and was the most popular music in America. This period is known as the Swing Era. With the wider acceptance of swing music around 1935, larger mainstream bands began to embrace this style of music.[citation needed] Up until the swing era, Jazz had been taken in high regard by the most serious musicians around the world, including classical composers like Stravinsky; swing on the contrary, with its "dance craze", ended being regarded as a degeneration towards light entertainment, more of an industry to sell records to the masses than a form of art. Some musicians, after failing at serious music, switched to swing."

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    c'mon GM -- no comebacks for the DRUMMER?? ROFL ROFL ROFL

anyways -- for the record, I like Trombone Shorty and his music --- and his playing of both the trumpet and the trombone --- he sings also!!!!! sorry I got sidetracked again on Jazz players, and a few jokes ---- I will try harder next time, to pay attention the the RELEVANT THREAD