Trouble notes on the trumpet?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Invisible-Bob, Jan 22, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OK, you might at least look for a community band -- where you could sit in a few sessions even if you dont' have time for a full time swing at it. I found that there are many "retired" and practicing music teachers in my community band --- who are always ready and willing to take a look and see if they can help someone. I mean this is a "johnny on the spot" -- play and let's see what is going on with you!!!!!!!!! like a free deal thingy -----hope that helps.

2. Invisible-Bob

Invisible-Bob New Friend

Jun 10, 2011
    Unfortunately the community bands in my area all require an audtition which obviously I couldn't pass. A great idea though.

3. Jappe

Jappe Pianissimo User

Jul 3, 2011
    Antwerp, Belgium
    You can't beat this instrument on your own. You will make bad habbits your own, and old habbits are not easy to correct. So get the basics right with a good teacher, and no notes need to be "difficult". Otherwise i suggest you learn to play the ukelele, just four strings to press and pluck :D

But if you manage to hit a clean muted F in pp at the end of a piece, you don't need lessons anymore. (just kiddin', you always could use lessons)

4. Invisible-Bob

Invisible-Bob New Friend

Jun 10, 2011
    With a Louiville slugger I could beat the crap out of it. ROFL Just kidding of course. I love my trumpet too much to do that and it's a Yamaha Xeno Custom.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    what crappy part of this world do you live in that a community band EXCLUDES potential supporters????????? You should find a good neighborhood -- yes, find a teacher, or a friend that plays trumpet -- that would help out a lot more than the internet!!!!!!!

6. Invisible-Bob

Invisible-Bob New Friend

Jun 10, 2011
    Well I can't really say I blame them. Could you imagine the disruption that a trumpet player who doesn't know how to play would cause.

7. fret

fret New Friend

Jun 17, 2011
    Contact the nearest New Horizons Band in your area. You can learn and grow in one of these bands.
    Fun, fellowship, a great learning experience--it's all there!

8. Invisible-Bob

Invisible-Bob New Friend

Jun 10, 2011
    Hey that was a great idea. I think I found one pretty close to me too. Thanks!:-)

9. Haste2

Haste2 Piano User

Jun 16, 2010
    For me, G, A-flat, -and- A at the top of the staff are all sharp on my C trumpet. I have to lip the first one down, the middle one throw my 3rd slide out, and use my 1st slide for A. Alternate fingerings make them go flat. Any passage that requires constantly going through those notes just....bothers me.

10. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    For me, a in the staff always takes a little extra work to make resonant. It just seems dull.
    F above high C is my real problem note. There are days it just doesn't want to slot. It's easy to play, I just can't get it to slot. E, F#, G, np. But that F gives me fits.