Truevee

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kujo20, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I would like to preface this post by saying that I don't know the owner of this company, I'm not being payed to do this, and this is NOT meant to be an advertisement in any way.

By some happenstance, I stumbled across this site today: Truevee - Solutions for the Professional Trumpet Player

I looked through the whole site, and I must say that I'm impressed! I'm surprised that I haven't heard of them before. Has anybody tried out any of their products? Or own any?

Kujo

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Strange they don't make a cornet to trumpet mouthpiece adapter. I'm not sold on the concept of rifling in backbores and leadpipes--if it really works it would have been thought of and used long ago.

I dunno.

3. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    I contacted them about a trumpet to tenor trombone adapter--they explained that they could and would make anything, however they focused on adapters that were unavailable elsewhere. Thus things like an adapter that allows the use of a trumpet mouthpiece on a cornet. I didn't end up buying an adapter from them but the company's dealings with me were very professional.

4. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Being a part time french horn player, I'm seriously considering having them make a french horn to flugelhorn mouthpiece adapter...could be fun... Now I just need a new flugel...(planning on a Kanstul 1526 soon)!

Kujo

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I acquired a Holton Collegiate cornet from Ivan that he had modified with a trumpet mouthpiece receiver. IMO, while it plays well enough, it now doesn't sound like either, but it is lots of fun. I do have an adapter from Farkas FH mpc to my F mellophone that IMO makes the mellophone approach closer to the sound of a true FH ... but still no kewpie doll.