trumpet accessories NYC?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jim J, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Jim J

Jim J New Friend

Oct 7, 2008
    I am visiting my son in NYC this weekend. he is a student at the New School.
    I am looking for some new mutes and maybe checking out some mouthpieces. Don't have a whole lot of time. best place or two to check? I do want to play through some mutes so not just a place to buy. Thanks

2. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    I've got some good news and some bad news: The good news is that there are two places in New York to do exactly what you want. The bad news is that the first (Dillon Music) is in New Jersey and a pretty good hike if you need to do something fast. It is also closed on Sunday. The second place is New York Trumpet Company, and they are closed on the weekends as well. That leaves Sam Ash or that place across from Lincoln Center (I'm blanking on their name at the moment). Neither will be exactly what you are looking for, but better that a stick in the eye.

3. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Rayburns?

4. Bill McCloskey

Apr 22, 2007
    Read the thread their Champ: he is here on the weekend. I already recommended it and it is closed saturday and sunday.

Pow!

Yes Rayburns, MJ. Not a great selection of things like mutes, but worth a visit.

5. Bill McCloskey

Apr 22, 2007
    Ah.. Great. Go there then.

6. Jim J

Jim J New Friend

Oct 7, 2008
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I figured that was the place but I thought I'd ask anyway.