Trumpet Books

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by barato, May 28, 2007.

1. barato

barato New Friend

Jan 17, 2007
    Somewhere in Ohio
    So where do you guys always go to get your trumpet books? Do you go to Amazon, or the local music store? I just want to see what you do to convince me to go one way or the other. Happy Playing!

2. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    It depends on where you live. Large cities tend to have well-stocked music stores. I live in NYC, I rarely buy music online.
    Wilmer

3. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Since we know you are in Ohio you shoudn't have any problem finding a full service music store. If that doesn't work try Sheet music of Portland. It is a very good store in Portland, Oregon. They are always at trumpet guild with a truck load of music and books. I have been to their store in Portland and they are a reputable store. Try your home town first. Help keep your local music store in business.

4. barato

barato New Friend

Jan 17, 2007
    Somewhere in Ohio
    Well I live in the middle of nowhere up in the northeast corner. The closest city is Mentor then Cleveland. To mentor would take 45 minutes at least and Cleveland takes 1 hr ast least. My parents aren't big drivers unless they are looking for something, plus I don't know many music stores in those areas. Pennsylvania is the other possibility but I don't want to drive forever looking for a store which we don't even know what they have to offer. Since I am my rural area, I will most likely shop on Amazon. That is just my best way of getting what I need, unless you know a place nearby that has good books (such as Arbans and Irons). Thanks for the input though.

5. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Go with the internet. Living in a big city can spoil you. Shop around for the best deals on the web.
    Good hunting,
    Wilmer

6. westview1900

westview1900 Piano User

Nov 30, 2005
    I agree with Mr Wise. I've been lucky with Ebay. As long as the books aren't marked up too bad, you might get something a little cheaper this way.

7. Jazmsngr

Jazmsngr New Friend

Feb 1, 2007
    Sheet Music Plus is pretty good. Robert King is a great place to get stuff...but the website is a little frustrating.

8. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    I just got a couple of books from Amazon, alot cheaper than stores, plus free shipping! :D

9. Claude Gnocchi

Claude Gnocchi Mezzo Forte User

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    You can get "The Total Embouchure" on line thru e-bay for very cheap ($5.99) as an e-book download. Read the comments about it from people who have bought it....apparently its pretty good!

Cheers

10. mlockman

mlockman New Friend

Feb 21, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Stanton Music in Columbus or Volkwein Music in Pittsburgh.
    Maybe too far on both accounts.