Trumpet Brand Loyalists/Non-Loyalists

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bamajazzlady, Oct 7, 2015.

1. jazzpik

jazzpik Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2015
    Atlanta
    Great followup! Short and with no point! ROFL

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Although of entirely different manufacturers, the Martin brand has very high recognition in both brass trumpets/cornets and guitars/ukuleles. I just ponder if there is a family genealogical relationship.

3. jazzpik

jazzpik Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2015
    Atlanta
    The Martin guitar was developed by C F Martin in Germany in the late 1700's. I don't think there is any familial relationship but it is a very interesting point.

4. Adrianbyrne

Adrianbyrne Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2010
    Oakville, Ontario
    I would consider myself a Yamaha Loyalist. After trying a lot of brands.

5. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    I am a quality loyalist.

6. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    ...apart from collecting anything Ganter, but that is due to my personal friendship with the late Hermann Ganter.

7. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    I would put my China made Yamaha basses way out ahead of my Fender! The few Warwicks I've tried were trash in my opinion. Ibanez makes some great guitars that are among the best. Even though Im not a huge fan of their brass Yamaha (an Asian brand) puts out with more consistency some of the best top very tip top level pro instruments, DJ equipment, home electronics, motorcycles. You name it that Asian company is going to make it better!
    As for brand loyalty
    Strings: Yamaha
    Brass: Holton

8. jazzpik

jazzpik Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2015
    Atlanta
    Well I am glad you are happy with those products. Of course everyone has an opinion and I respect yours. Most of the guitars you mentioned I would consider second or third tier electric guitars. However, everyone has their own opinion as my point was what the general guitar professionals view as higher quality better playing electric guitars. But enough about guitars as a previous poster mentioned this is a horn post and I had no intention of high jacking it.

9. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    He contracts same Korean firm, I don't recall the name.

10. jazzpik

jazzpik Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2015
    Atlanta
    Paul Reed Smith guitars are made in Maryland. He used to sell a lower quality inferior guitar farmed out to foreign manufacturers but that has since stopped as far as I know. To buy a Paul Reed Smith guitar you will have an instrument made totally in the USA.