Trumpet Building School

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrassBandMajor, Dec 10, 2015.

1. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    When I graduate University, I would like to go to a Trumpet building school, after looking at rettepnoj's school made rotary trumpet. (Somewhat cool B&S rotary looking thing)
    I hope rettepnoj doesn't mind me showing his great skills to the TM community-rettepnoj's awesome lookin rotary!
    Does anyone know where you learn building trumpets? (including rotary trumpets?)
    I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE A rotary trumpet copy of a Heckel!

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
  3. BrassBandMajor

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Thanks!

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    . . . and it's got all those high school girls running around the campus. ;-)

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    rettepnoj might not but my company's internet filter does. Is there anything wrong with using flickr? (I don't know why one is considered less "media sharing" than the other...)

--bumblebee

6. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    And Germany is the place to be trained if you want to study with a greater average of earnest and dedicated students. So different to my experience in the other two countries I've studied in!

--bumblebee

7. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I've always used Photobucket, but all kinds of storage sites are blocked on my work computer.

Markneukirchen Germany is the place to search for "Trumpet building school"!

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Oscar-Walker-Schule has my vote. My wife teaches in the complex, and if Norbert Böpple is still the resident Meister, the old-school techniques are alive and well. Dude knows his stuff.

9. BrassBandMajor

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    yes I do understand that learning from different places produce different kinds of trumpets.
    Like Scherzer, There is a Scherzer in Markneukirchen and one in Augsburg(Retired, Dead R.I.P), and another trained in Ludwigsburg(Schwediy place!)

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Learn German and be ready to absorb the Swabian dialect. Oh, and you need to be someone's apprentice, too.