Trumpet Caroling

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 11thchair, Dec 25, 2012.

1. akinsgre

akinsgre Pianissimo User

Nov 16, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    gmonady: What's the name of our quintet. I'm in Pittsburgh and would have loved to have seen you play. I'll keep an eye out if you come play in the area again.

2. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Eddie Brookshire, I believe:oops:

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The Eddie Brookshire Quintet as often plays at Little Eddies on Liberty Avenue in Pittsburgh. Jazz like you've not heard before IMO.

4. jtpowell

jtpowell Pianissimo User

Mar 15, 2011
    Cincinnati
    I just caroled on my porch Christmas morning. The sound really carries outside. A few people came to their windows and a few came outside. I hope to do it again.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Akinsgre... The name of the Quintet is the Eddie Brookshire Quintet: Eddie Brookshire Quintet |. We will be in Pittsburgh at Little E's NEXT Friday, January 18th from 8:30 PM until 12:30 AM. It is my understanding that there will be individuals in the audience that night that will be auditioning us to play in this year's Pittsburgh Jazz Festival, so we should truly be at our peak. We have also been in rehearsal every day this week as we will be recording our second CD this Saturday. Here is a teaser from that CD, which is one of the songs you will likely hear at Little E's if you come out next week:

Aliyah (Unmixed) by Doctor Jazz on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Here is the link to Little E's: Little Es | Jazz & Blues Club
    Also if you come... order their Catfish Sandwich with Sweetpotato Fries... it's my favorite!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Little Eddie is our leader... Little E's is the Club.

7. Buck with a Bach

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Didn't get to do too much with the carols this year. Church stuck with the organist. We did play the week end after, did Lo' Ere A Rose Blooming. Tried to get enough brass to sound like a brass chamber group, failed, so it was me on flugle, SIL on cornet, wife on flute, with the organ filling the lower parts. Sounded okay, but not what I originally had in mind. Did get a few compliments, though:oops:

8. 11thchair

11thchair Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2005
    Evansville In
    How about a "flash carol" - kinda like a flash mob with instruments. Anyone tried that?

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Depends on where! You most certainly would be arrested in a Courtroom while Court is in session ... that is if you could get your instrument into the Courtroom somehow.

10. Buck with a Bach

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    I'll bet, Ed. Those pesky metal detectors would be a real problem:roll::lol::oops: