Trumpet Cases

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    Do new trumpet cases require a "break in" period to fit a horn? My brother in law just bought a Gator case for his Conn Constellation and thinks the fit is too tight.
    Does anyone know where a new Conn case can be purchased for a fair price?

2. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    There is no "break in" period. Either it fits or it doesn't.
    Check with Musicians friend.com

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    My limited experience suggests that a Humes and Berg Galaxy case is a reasonable bet. It is very similar to a standard Getzen case - fabric/synthetic outer, formed high density foam inside covered with plush material. All my trumpets (although only one at a time) B&H, Getzen 700, Getzen 900, and even Harriett the Harrelson with its heavy (longer) bottom caps fits nicely, well secure, and extra well protected. This case cost me about $165 new I think. It has a strap (removeable) carry handles, space for mutes and collapsible in-bell trumpet stand, with a lidded compartment for tuner, oils, and mouthpieces, I generally have two MPs. there is an outside pocket - just big enough for a couple of scores and cleaning kit.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  4. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    The Conn Connstellation has a wider wrap and bigger dia bell than most other trumpets and may be difficult to fit a standard sized case.

The correct cases do come up on ebay from time to time and an old one that requires some repairs is better then forcing the horn into one that is too small.

Regards, Stuart.

Sofus likes this.
  5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yeah sorry - went a little off track. :oops:

6. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
  7. NYCO10

NYCO10 Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Hi, im thinking about ordering the Ipac double trumpet case because im fed up with the standard bach case (brownish) for numerous reasons! are these good cases?

thanks

8. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    No, they are excellent cases!

Tom

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I seem to recall seeing one on ebay just days ago. Can't remember the seller but they had a lot of old cases. Might try a search there. I have the same problem with my Conn 12a fitting my pro-tec gig bag. It's TIGHT.

10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Fed up with the Bach case?

It protects the horn, there is room for mutes, stand and music. Nothing to be "fed up" about.

That doesn't rule out wanting a second case for whatever reason - but "fed up"?