Trumpet Catalogue

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Tootsall, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I don't normally refer folks to threads in other forums (unless this is the forum I want them to "come and read"). But this thread is just too dam* funny for words! You gotta read it to believe it. I'm putting the notice in here since I don't want it to be interpreted as a slam against any particular maker of trumpets!

:lol:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=18416&forum=7&10

Anyone want to lend me a hanky so I can wipe my eyes and blow my nose?

2. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Saw it as well Toots,

It's very clever :lol:

Regards

Trevor

3. slimshady

slimshady Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2003
    I've seen a lot of varying opinions on several catalogs....

what I was wondering is.....does anyone not like the eclipse catalogs?

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Slim, although Eclipse catalogs are quite costly, they are extremely high quality products put together entirely by hand by only one person, Leigh McKinney. Although he cannot read himself, he has a strange "sense" for what makes a good catalog. Each year, as you may be aware, he gives a catalog away with custom binding, covers, fonts for the print, etc..... whatever the customer wants. The extent he will go to for the customer is simply amazing: I've even heard that he put one together for a new owner (who shall go unnamed) who wanted the catalog put together backwards since he likes reading "back to front".

It would probably be fair to say that not a single one of the Eclipse catalogs has ever graced the nail in the outhouse wall; all are cherished by their owners and read daily. Indeed, I am anxiously awaiting my catalog at this very moment and I fully anticipate that its arrival will relegate my Schilke catalog to to the shelf under the coffee table instead of on top of the coffee table!

5. Happy Canuck

Happy Canuck Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Finally, just plain fun posts!

It is extremely nice to have a couple of posts that are just FUN, not challenging or mean, just fun!

p.s. I still get mad when I remember the great calalogs that I let go!

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Yep... you just can't ever tell when or where an extreme dose of silliness will strike! (Keeps us from getting old).

7. slimshady

slimshady Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2003
    I have yet to see an eclipse catalog....other than pictures on the internet. Trent Austin even had the audacity to record himself reading from his very own eclipse catalog. jealous...anyone? Also, I understand Noel Langley and several other eclipse catalog owners gathered to read catalogs in front of a live audience. what a treat that must have been.

Well, stilltrying was the winner of the 'design your own custom eclipse catalog' and he has promised to let me see and read it when it arrives. Now, thats gonna be a great read!

8. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Thanks guys for alerting me to the funny post.

Yes, it is fun to be able to laugh again without everyone taking offense.

It was fun to read it all . . . and I just added my own laugh to the mix.

Thanks again for making me smile!

Tom