trumpet concerto, Hummel

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by luvtrumpets, Oct 15, 2005.

1. luvtrumpets

luvtrumpets New Friend

Oct 15, 2005
    Hi people
    I1ve been watching this forum for a few wks.. great forum.. I`m a comback player enjoying retirement,..
    6 wks ago I got Hummels trumpet concerto and have been practicing steadily. What a beatiful trumpet solo ... I hope to master it by spring :-)
    R any of u familiar with this piece??

2. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I'm working on it right now for my college audition and a solo festival put on by the state. I've got 3 amazeing trumpet teachers helping me out with it and it's comming along very well, so if you have any questions with it, I can probably help you out, and if I cant, I can deffinatly get an anwer for you the next day from one of my teachers.

Good luck with the solo,
    -David

3. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Yes! This piece ranks among the famous trumpet concerti, considered to be standard rep by serious players, and a fabulous piece as you've already seen, and will continue to see once you dug in deeper, I'm sure there'll be lots of people here to help you out if you have any questions.

4. tryingtocomeback

tryingtocomeback New Friend

Oct 31, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Mark Ridenour will be performing this piece Thursday 10/27/05 with the CSO. If you're anywhere near Chicago you owe it to yourself to hear it. Even if you're not, it will be worth the trip.

FWIW, YMMV, AATJ,
    Matt

5. luvtrumpets

luvtrumpets New Friend

Oct 15, 2005
    wow I`d luv to see that...

6. tryingtocomeback

tryingtocomeback New Friend

Oct 31, 2003
    Chicago, IL
  7. luvtrumpets

luvtrumpets New Friend

Oct 15, 2005
    Hummel Concerto CSO

I see tickets /2 only 61$,,,, real decent price.. I won`t be able to make it ,, A muscian told me once before u die u have to see the CSO they r that good .... I will some day ,, thanks for the info...
    I hope they record this concert..