Trumpet Condition O.C.D.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ReidM, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ReidM

ReidM New Friend

Nov 9, 2010
    Mississippi
    Well, I still am in a refund period for my Xeno, but I do not know if it would, necessarily, be feasible. And, besides - the closest place to try one is in Texas.

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    cody , dont' take it personal --- wait until his MOM buys a KING SILVER FLAIR over Ebay -- then he will forget about Xeno, Taylor, and everything else-- except the KING ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. ReidM

ReidM New Friend

Nov 9, 2010
    Mississippi
    When the Blue Devils came nearby, I actually tried out the Flair. I wanted to run out with it, but ironically, in comparison, the Xeno worked better for me. Different horns work different for different aliens.

4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
  5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yeah, different horns, different mpcs -- most people find what works for them -- and they can tweak that at sometime. So if you found a combo that works for you --awesome!!!!!!!!!

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    The flairs are nice and all, but they dont have what a Bach strad has. Haha, did you see that I added a new horn to the mix?

7. ReidM

ReidM New Friend

Nov 9, 2010
    Mississippi
    The Wendy's Triple Bacanator combo works best for me. Ketchup and cheese only, though. Large fry, of course; oh, and do not forget the coke.

But, my Director has been a Strad player all her life. I am in the Wind Ensemble and I am the only one, and another, that does not have a Strad. She recommends strads all the way. Well, she does not favor me getting a Xeno, but I need to get a trumpet that works for me and will for a long while. And, down the road when this Xeno has had its playing time, I will build my first custom trumpet (But, I am not even going to think about that, at all, now.) Just spent $2k on a brand new trumpet, not necessary to be talking about another one unless you want to pay for it :) My flute gal said no. :) Oh, and I tried the Bach Strad - it did not work for me or I did not work for it. I have been a Holton player, first, and Yahama, and now going to a Xeno Yahama :)

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hard to top that! -- we got Yammies, Kings, Callets, Monettes, and NOW Bach strads --- OH what the hey --- ReidM, go buy a LA OLDS Super off of Ebay, or wherever you can get one --- then you will forget about most of the others -- except the KING's. ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    He means a Olds Recording. Cant go wrong with them. Then you will forget about the Xeno and never think of any other horn, except a Taylor.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Perhaps, but since I only have the OLDS Super -- then I have to go with that!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL