Trumpet exercise database

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Janne, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Janne

Janne New Friend

Nov 5, 2009
    Hi fellow trumpeters!

I've been creating a wiki-based freely editable trumpet exercise database for trumpet players, students and teachers. The idea is to study the possibilities of collaborative exercise material producing for our instrument. I've planted some basic exercises there for "seed" and each exercise consists of the following parts: a notation, textual instructions on how to carry out the exercise and a sound example. The intention is not to copy anything but to submit your own exercises; it's quite easy to create your own variations of basic (or why not advanced) trumpet exercises.

One of the main principles of the site is that you can use it while practicing so there's also a metronome embedded that you can use. The screen width is optimized to be easily used even with a netbook.

The reason I'm doing this is that it's a major part of my Bachelor of Music (pop/jazz music education) -thesis. I wanted to create something useful and permanent so the site will exist and evolve (hopefully) even after my graduation. The site is 100% free (meaning that it's also ad-free, thanks to Wikidot).

The aim is nothing less than a world's largest online trumpet exercise database that is free for all to use. I'm inviting you to participate and every little contribution is valuable, corrections to the grammar for example. I hope you can find the site useful and any comments, thoughts, suggestions or questions, as well as criticism are very welcome.

The database can be found at www.trumpetexercises.net

- Janne

2. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Great idea!

3. missmybaby

missmybaby Pianissimo User

Sep 27, 2009
    Detroit Metro
    Nice start on a great idea. Give yourself a pat on the back.

bookmarked