Trumpet Fest: Mid Fall Southern PA/MD/Northern VA

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, Aug 24, 2005.

1. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Patrick,
    Which dealers are going to be there?

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Right now I'm still in the gathering stages and I don't really know who all is going to be there.

3. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm into it... could someone possibly pick me up from BWI airport? I'll fly in if I can find a bargain basement fare. Otherwise I'll drive and listen to tunes the short (hahah) drive.

I'm really looking forward to it and of course am willing to give a free improvisation clinic as well as arrange lessons (at a discount over my Boston studio rates) with anyone interested.

Thanks!
    -T

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Trent, I live literally a 10 minute drive from the airport.

Before you book anything, let me get some other ducks in a row first to make sure that I'm actually going to pull it off, but if I can and you do book a flight, I can easily come get you.

5. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    No hurries here! Let me know if you'd want an improv clinic/lessons and if that doesn't fit in the master plan that's cool.

Best,

Trent
    (I'm going to record with Benny Green tomorrow on my album and I couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!! !! !)

6. BobList

BobList New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Baltimore, Md.
    Pat, I've got a gig the night before with MaryLou....so I'll probably be good and hungover, maybe still even ripped...maybe that morning you can pick me up, because my car will probably be impounded by the State Troopers, and we can discuss my presentation of :

" Teaching Preschoolers Musicianship and the Love of Making Music"

at the trumpetfest......and bring some Pepto-Bismal for me... :^)

(note: just a joke for those who don't know how to take one) :^)

Looking forward to it...I'll giva ya a call....got some old timers that might like to check this out..and If Larry will do it..he's a veritable Legit warehouse up there for those who asked.... Bob

7. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I've gotten enough interest in this thing that I'm going to go ahead and start my planning for the 30th of October. I realize that this date might not work for everyone, but it's the date that keeps "ringing" with most, so that's the date that I'm going to go with for now.

It will be known as "The First Annual Mid Atlantic Trumpet Fest" :lol:

I've got a lot of "fish" I'm playing at the moment - let's see how many I can reel in!

8. BobList

BobList New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Baltimore, Md.
    any more news, or thoughts on this thing, Pat?

9. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Nah, I need to make some calls in the next couple of days to try to confirm some things, but so far it's sort of in a holding pattern - I'm going to do it, probably on the October 30th, but other than the venue, I don't have anything else absolutely locked.

I'll post some updates as they happen, although keep in mind, if I can't rustle up enough vendors, horns, mouthpieces, etc for it to be a worthwhile event, I'll probably just call it off.

10. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Update

Ok, at the moment, we are gearing up to go on the 30th of October. It seems to be the day that works best for everyone. If I'm going to change it to a different date, it will happen within the next week or so, but I want to lock it in as soon as possible.

And now for the bad news.

My Curry mouthpiece guy now plays Monette. It isn't that he was a distributor, but he knows Curry personally and at one time had a lot of custom work done. Apparently Dave is his custom shop man now. I was hoping that he would be able to obtain a decent stock of mouthpieces and accessories (valve caps, valve stems, valve buttons) and bring them to the fest. Anyway, that nixes the idea of having a big stock of Curry products, unless I can find another source.

My Warburton guy....now plays Monette (there seems to be a trend here) although I got this from the former Curry guy who is personal friends with the former Warburton guy. In any case, I haven't gotten a reply from this guy yet - even if I can't get him as a Warburton dealer, he'd be a great clinician.

Other than that, I should still be able to organize a decent event.

For those that are wondering about having a place outside of the store to simply hang, there is a Dunkin Donuts right across the street, and there are several restaurants nearby for social gathering. I'll get some more specifics on that the next time I go up to the store.