Trumpet Forums

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by CJDJazzTpt, Aug 19, 2004.

TrumpetMaster, Better or Not Without the Individual Horn Forums?

1. A.) Yes, I like the forums all together!

100.0%
  2. B.) No, GIVE ME MY SEPERATE FORUMS BACK NOW!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CJDJazzTpt

CJDJazzTpt Pianissimo User

May 31, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Honestly, do you guys (and gals) think that TrumpetMaster is better off without each individual horn forum anymore? (Let's keep this civil!)

I'll start it off with my three cents...

I think that we need each individual horn forum back because I enjoyed reading the Calicchio forums.... I liked the other horn forums too but I really enjoyed meeting up with guys that played the same horns as I do. As I am sure all of you did. (for the record I enjoyed meeting you other guys as well)

TrumpetMaster said there would be a totally new site up soon and I have yet to see that as well. Did they pitch that idea out too?

What are some of your opinions on the individual horn forums? Want 'em back or not? This should get interesting! I am going to e-mail the results either way to the administrator of the site!

2. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I'm not sure if ALL the horn forums should be brought back. Some of them had very few hits which is why I am saying this. The ones with the larger followings tended to be pretty civil and had great responses. Either way I am happy to just be able to visit the site and know that the conversation here is generally professional.

As for the new site, I'm sure TM has his hands full with much more than just this site and am willing to wait for any changes he may want to make.

3. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    I thought those horns forums were silly. First off why would there not be a Yamaha forum but there was a Zeus trumpet forum? Also maybe one or two of the forums were active and the rest were about as dead as trumpetplayeronline.com. Why should all these random horn makers get their own forum when there would be a post there in some cases once a month?

Also why can't you keep on doing what you were doing with this new set up. Why can;t you post something about your Callichio trumpet and then meet up with your buddies on that thread. maybe you don't have your "club house" anymore but no one is keeping you from talking about your trumpet.

my .02

4. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I enjoyed being able to go to a particular trumpet brand form. Right now, I think I liked the "old way" better. But, that could be because I am was more familiar with that way.

I think there is nothing wrong with brand loyaty and support as long as we remember that our individual level of ability and musicianship is what really makes the sound of the trumpet what it is. I believe, that once trumpet brands reach a certain level of quality in materials and craftmanship they are all great horns; it's the player who eventually makes all the difference.

My answer to the TM's question: Yes, bring back the individual forums. So what if it generates a little "heat in the kitchen". I think what we have now is a little boring.

5. rdt1959

rdt1959 Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Georgia
    My answer is to bring back the forums, but I also agree with an earlier comment...maybe not ALL the forums.

I will also say that this is a minor point for me. With or without the trumpet forums, TM is my primary source for trumpet information.

And I think TM (and assistants!) have and are doing a great job!

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I read every forum anyway. I think most did. So having it under one topic is an improvement to me. Saves me lots of time. I still think that it frees up space for some other forums that would be interesting. I would like to see what they might be.

7. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    I never really read the horns forums. Seeing as how I will probably be dropping trumpet in April or May, there's really no reason for me to get a new horn.

8. CJDJazzTpt

CJDJazzTpt Pianissimo User

May 31, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Dr. Jim,
    I totally understand where you are coming from, but all of those posts are SO unorganized! It's a headache to sort through. I used to remember posts that I would later reference by which forum they were in.

Hey orchtpt...don't you have naked pics to be posting somewhere??.... This is too easy! Anyway...Orchy...can I call you that? Sure. You have voiced your opinion and I am glad that you did. I take it you have voted as well.... Good for you man! I merely put this thread out as an opinion poll. TM has stated with the deletion of the horn forums that their decision was final.

I am just trying to get an organized poll to see what the TM Community has to say about it. If we all had a chance to vote and get a say in how the site comes out...then maybe they'll know if they made the right decision or not to delete them.... Don't get mad Orchy....we are all in this for the same cause...(not including the nude pics posted by....hmmmm I wont say!)

Take care guys.... I am enjoying reading you opinions on this matter. Keep em coming!

Cory

9. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Maybe if people posting in the horns forum did something like:

Bach - Which is the best model of Strad?

or

Yamaha - Has anyone played the new Malone conversions?

(ie. Starting a thread's subject with the maker's name that the post concerns itself with)

it would make it easier to sort through, whilst still keeping it all in one forum.

My new computer is off at the repairer's at the moment, so I'm using an old slow one - I have to say looking at one page is now much much easier than looking at several seperate ones, so I understand where some people are coming from.

10. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Great idea Jack.........Why didn't I think of that?